Chapter 39: Liability

Jabba's POV

Jabba's POV

L = A - OE

ILANG MINUTO na kaming tahimik sa paglilibot sa library nang sirain ko ang katahimikan. I need to break the ice.

"Pre, I can't stand the fact that you are here with me in these longest running time."

Hinarap ko siya.

"Bakit nagsasawa ka na ba sa'kin, pre?" He chuckled and he went closer to me. We were just like this as the old times we had together. Minus the quietness.

Napangiti ako.

"Is there anything you want? You've been muted for hours. I know it seems odd that I can't see the presence of Ezebel with you this day. The fire between you two wasn't igniting. Nag-away ba kayo? I could lend you a drink for that." Tanong ko.

"That's not the reason why I am with you today, Jabs."

"Oh. So what was bugging you this whole time? Baka nag-aalala na si Bel kung nasaan ka at hindi mo siya kasama maghapon. Marahil hinahanap ka na n'on."

"Ezebel and I already talked about this so I don't need to inform her at least."

Natahimik kaming dalawa.

I patted his back. Mukhang nagkausap na talaga sila ni Bel nang masinsinan.

"Is it your monetary problem? Alam mo naman, pre, na I am always here by your side to provide you some secret transaction." I nudged him and shook his back playfully to ease his tension and stiffness.

In our transaction, palagi ko siyang binibigyan ng pera para sa girlfriend niya habang lubog na siya sa utang. Walang kamalay-malay si Ezebel doon. Usthero didn't feel regret to be in debt as long as he continuously provide the necessity of his liability. Masyado niyang minahal si Ezebel.

"It doesn't involve with that." He sulked and scratched his head.

"So what's the reason behind with that sulky face of yours? 'Kala mo cute ka dyan?"

Natawa siya. He shifted his smiley face to a serious one as he turn his head towards me. We met our eyes again.

"I missed you, pre. I missed the old times."

Hindi ako makapagsalita.

"Alam ko na ang dahilan kung bakit napapahiwalay ka na sa akin." He added.

I shifted my eyes off at him. I know we will come to this point kaya there is no way I should restrain this problem between us. This is the time where we discuss this issue. Mas mahalagang maitama na ang mali bago pa makita ang maling resulta just like accounting calculations.

I need to confess now.

"Sorry, pre. It's my fault. I didn't confront at first what is my true intentions and feelings. I should have know better. What's important to me is I see you two happy." Apologize ko without seeing his reaction.