Lonely

Wednesday wasn't even packing her things, as she didn't even unpack them. However, she decided she needed to blend into the community at Nevermore. So, a slight change in today's clothing has to be made.

She picked out a checkered hoodie, and gray sweatpants, paired with a black beanie. The outfit she chose finally looked like a normal person was wearing it, not like the dresses she wore. She put it on, admiring herself in the mirror.

This needs an opinion. Wednesday thought, grabbing her phone from the desk, and calling Enid, but this time, on video call. The blonde girl picked up after some time, the camera facing her ceiling.

"Yes, Wednesday?" "Hello Enid, I need your opinion," Wednesday said, lifting the phone up, and pointing it to the mirror. She heard Enid gasp through the phone.

"You look dang good there girl!" Enid said. "This fits you better than the dresses."

"Thank you for your opinion." "May I see Thing, please? I miss him." Enid asked, as Wednesday moved to the table, and placed the device on the table, to let Enid see the hand, and vice versa.

"Hi, Thing!!!" She said, lifting the phone slightly up. Wednesday could see Enid had bruises on her face and her hair was messy.

"Enid, did someone hurt you?" "What? No, I-I fell down the stairs in the night." Enid said, convincing Wednesday because Enid did fall down the stairs even at Nevermore...twice.

"Okay," Wednesday replied, leaving Thing and Enid to talk. She walked down, just to hear coughs coming from the living room. She slowly got closer to the living room and peeked inside.

Her mother was coughing into a tissue, her dad rubbing her back. It looked like her mother was sick...really sick.

"It's okay now." She said to him. "Could you please walk Wednesday out by yourself?" 

"Of course Tish, please go rest." Her dad said, helping her get up. Wednesday saw that and immediately retreated back into her room, seeing Thing still talking to Enid. In a few minutes, she heard a knock.

"Wednesday, it's time to go." She heard her father say.

"Yes, I'm coming," Wednesday replied and stood up. "Thing, we are going. Enid, bye for now."

"Aww, okay. Safe travels Wednesday! Text me!" Enid said, waving at Wednesday. Wednesday hung up, put her phone in her pocket, and walked out of her room, Thing on her shoulder. Her dad was waiting for her downstairs.

"Your mother went to take a rest, and I don't want to wake her up. Goodbye, Wednesday, be safe." He said, coming closer to Wednesday, and wrapped her in a hug, from which Wednesday didn't want to escape.

"Alright. Lurch packed my things?" "Yes, he is waiting for you already." Her dad said, escorting her outside their house, and towards the car.

"Goodbye father," Wednesday said, getting inside the car. 

"Please say goodbye to my mother." "Will do once she wakes up." Her father replied as Wednesday sat inside, Lurch closing the door behind her. In a while, the engine was on, and they were on their way.

.

.

.

They were already 3 hours into the ride, and Wednesday didn't feel well. She was okay, but something was making her feel strange. She put her knees to her chest and placed her head between them.

She felt lonely.

Might as well call her. Wednesday thought, grabbing her phone from her pocket, and calling Enid.