Major step

Things in Nevermore went back to normal the day after the incident, where they all learned that killing Weems was technically a good choice, however, there were still a few who said Wednesday should be punished for her actions.

Also, the following day Wednesday sent a report on the kidnapping by Xavier since Enid said he shouldn't do something like that to anyone else. Neither of them knew how it would end, but Xavier kept a distance from both of them.

As their relationship goes...it became stronger. The same night they decided that sleeping in one bed was the best choice because it brought comfort to both of them.

Their lives returned to normal...or maybe a bit better.

/-------/

"Technically yes, I could," Yoko answered, as Wednesday had asked her if she could transform into a bat.

"You would be useful if something like that happened again," Wednesday said, as Yoko sighed, closing the book.

"Wednesday...are you afraid?" Yoko asked. They both were without their partners for the whole lesson, so it gave them time to talk.

"I'm not afraid of it. I'm scared that it will target Enid again." Wednesday said. "My therapist said I have PTSD from seeing Enid in danger."

"That's expectable," Yoko said. "Have you tried talking about it with Enid?" 

"No." "Wednesday!" Yoko slightly shouted. "She is your girlfriend! She should know about it."

"I think she already knows since I woke her up accidentally last night," Wednesday said. "She was sleeping on my arm, and with my awakening, she woke up too."

"Well...try to talk to her, maybe she knows how to deal with it," Yoko suggested. "After all, she has experience with these."

"I'll ask her tonight," Wednesday said, as she noticed Enid and Ashlynn walking toward them.

"Best idea!" Enid announced, slouching next to Wednesday. "We'll go and rescue a kitten from a nearby shelter!"

Wednesday and Yoko looked at her, as Ashlynn just facepalmed, clearly already aware of her idea.

"You can't be serious, Enid," Wednesday said.

"Oh, I am, my sweet Wednesday," Enid said. "You and I will have a little kitten together, and those two can be its aunties."

Wednesday just sighed, clearly knowing Enid wouldn't budge.

"Come on! It's a good thing." "Not saying it isn't," Wednesday replied. "But we can't have pets in dorms."

"Well...tell me where it isn't allowed or prohibited, it's just not mentioned," Enid said. "Ashlynn?"

"Enid's right, but I am still not a big fan of having a kitten in our room," Ashlynn said, and looked at Yoko helplessly, who just smiled and nodded.

"You can barely take care of yourself, Enid," Yoko said. "Not to mention a small kitten is a big responsibility."

"Look, I like cats, so does Wednesday, and so does Ashlynn." Enid began. "But clearly you all have something against it."

"I do not, but...I stand with Yoko." Wednesday stepped in. "It's a responsibility I think we both know we aren't the best people for that."

"And besides, I think you already have a cat." Ashlynn joked, making both Enid and Wednesday blush.

"Aww, Wednesday-cat sleeping next to the werewolf, must be cuuuuuttteeeee!" Yoko cooed, leaning on Ashlynn as they both watched the two blush like crazy. "I can't say I'm not jealous to be honest."