Family

Enid slowly woke up, feeling more and more bumps on the road. She opened her eyes, and saw Wednesday with her head in Enid's lap and scrolling on her phone.

"Morning, Wends." Enid said, gaining her attention.

"You sleep like dead. We drove over a group of people, and you didn't even flinch." Wednesday said, making Enid slightly scared.

"Y-Yeah." "Anyway...we are here." Wednesday said, pointing out of the window. Enid looked out, but was confused...because they were in front of a hospital.

Enid took her hand, and intervened their fingers together. Lurch opened the doors, and they both stepped out of the car. Wednesday looked up at the building with large "H" on it. Without words, they both began walking to the entrance. Enid opened the doors for Wednesday, politely inviting her inside. 

Wednesday hadn't shown any emotion, but Enid could see that Wednesday was resisting the urge to cry. And it was understandable; her mother liked Wednesday, and Wednesday had liked her mother, even if she didn't show it.

"Hell-" "Wednesday!" They both heard, as Wednesday was hugged from behind. Enid turned around, and saw Pugsley, lifting Wednesday up. His face was full of tears, and he was sobbing. Wednesday patted him on the hands to let her go, which he did. She also turned around, and saw her father behind Pugsley.

"Hello, father." Wednesday softly said. "I...brought m-my..." Gomez looked at Enid, who waved.

"Ah, yes. I remember your roommate." Gomez said, trying not to cry. "Your mother is inside that room."

Wednesday nodded, walking towards the door her father pointed at. Before opening, she stopped, since she felt her hand getting cold.

"You should go alone." Enid said, and smiled at Wednesday, trying to make her feel better. "You two should talk without anyone around."

Wednesday nodded, and entered the room. She immediately saw a bed, where her mother was laying, looking up to the ceiling. Wednesday closed the door, and slowly walked to the bed.

"Hello...mum." Wednesday said, gaining her attention. It was the first time she called her anything other than mother.

"Hi, my little Wednesday." Morticia said, smiling at her only daughter. "How are you doing?"

"Mum...how can you be so...happy?" Wednesday asked, sitting on the chair next to the bed.

"We Addams always welcomed death with open arms, so there is nothing I should be sad about." Morticia said. "And I want to know if you are doing fine. Tell me, how were the few days at Nevermore?"

Morticia was still smiling, since she wanted no one to be sad right now.

"I suppose it was good." Wednesday said. "But I wouldn't leave if I knew what is happening to you. Why di-"

"Wednesday, darling. I didn't want you, or Pugsley be sad and worried about me." Morticia said, lifting her hand onto Wednesday's, who didn't pull back. "You should care about yourself, not about me."

"But mum...I-I...I love you." Wednesday said, tears in her eyes as she looked right into her mother's eyes.

"I love you too, darling." Morticia said, wiping the tears from Wednesday's cheek. "I will be forever with you."

Wednesday began to cry even harder, as Morticia was hiding Wednesday's braids behind her ears. Morticia was simply reassuring her daughter that everything will be alright, even if she died soon.

"See? You are already warm, so it means you wasn't caring about me that much." Morticia said.

"No! I had! I alwa-" "You have a curse; that's why you've been so cold your whole life." Morticia said. "But when you find the right person to you, you began warming up."

"I...found the right person?" Wednesday asked, as Morticia nodded. "I...should let you meet her."

"I would be more than happy, my little Wednesday." Morticia smiled, as Wednesday stood up, and walked to the door. She opened them, immediately seeing Enid, standing and waiting.

"Come." She extended her hand for Enid to take, and she brought her inside. Immediately, Morticia was even more happier when she saw Enid and Wednesday, holding their arms.

"Meet...my partner, Enid." Wednesday said, as Enid smiled at Morticia.

"I thought you would get together with her." Morticia winked, as she saw that Enid was sitting on Wednesday's knee, and Wednesday had her arm around Enid's waist, so she wouldn't fall.

"We should let you rest, mum." Wednesday said, as Morticia nodded. The two girls stood up, and Wednesday leaned down, giving her mother a kiss on the cheek. Morticia again smiled as Wednesday pulled away. The two girls slowly walked out of the room, passing Wednesday's dad and brother, who walked inside.

"Are you doing fine, Wednesday?" Enid asked, holding Wednesday's hands as they walked outside of the hospital.

"No." Wednesday replied, stopping as they got out. "I'm not, Enid."

Enid wrapped Wednesday in a hug, placing her chin on top of her head.

"I'm so sorry Wednesday, that you must go through this." Enid said, hearing silent sobs coming out of her partner. "I'll be here for you no matter what, Wednesday."

Wednesday returned the affection, hugging Enid as her face was in Enid's neck, silently sobbing and letting tears out.

"Thank you." Wednesday said softly and pulled slightly away, and facing Enid. "I...love you."

"I love you too, Wednesday." Enid said, and leaned closer to Wednesday, who waited.

But Enid has been taking long, so Wednesday sped up the process, and moving her lips onto Enid's.

Enid was surprised, but in few seconds, she melted into the kiss. Enid didn't want to do anything more besides the simple kiss, since she didn't know if Wednesday would know what it means.

After some time they pulled away, staring into each other eyes. Wednesday's tears had slowly faded away, and she smiled. A smile, that was so beautiful, that Enid was sweating just looking at her.

"I...never kissed someone...like that." Wednesday said, trying to lift the mood up.

"I liked it. We should do it more often, Γατούλα (kitty.)." Enid said, leaning in closer again, but Wednesday stopped her.

"I'm not comfortable with people watching us, okay?" She quietly said. Enid nodded, accepting it. They both walked into the car, where Lurch was waiting.

"Take us home." Wednesday said. Lurch started the car, and began driving outside the town.

"So, you are taking me to your home?" Enid asked, as Wednesday nodded.

"It's better than going right back to Nevermore." Wednesday replied. "Also, I think you will like it."

"Well, if we can be together, I'll like it." Enid said, and leaned her head onto Wednesday's shoulder. Wednesday wasn't sure if she should, but in the end she placed her head on Enid's.