Night talks

"What promise?" Enid asked, confused.

"A promise I made to you in my head." Wednesday began. 

"What?" Enid asked.

"What what?" "What promise you made to me?" Enid asked, pushing Wednesday slightly off her.

That moment Wednesday realized something.

"N-Nothing." Wednesday stood up, and ran out of the room very quickly. 

What just happened? Wednesday thought, leaning with her back on the closed door. She acknowledged that every single time she confessed to Enid in any way for the last few days, it was a dream

Was this a punishment for something from the higher power? Probably.

Maybe she must change. She must know how to control her dreams, or rather visions.

She had them from the first time Enid came back to Nevermore. All the same, expect in these she felt the emotions and heard the thoughts that belonged to Enid, not just hers.

Three times. Wednesday thought, hiding her face in her hands, crying into them. What's real anymore?

The door behind her opened and she stumbled back into the room. She opened her eyes, and saw Enid looking at her, confused.

"Wends, you okay?" Enid asked.

No, I am in love with you. "Yes." Wednesday lied. She wanted to tell Enid something else, but was afraid of the same outcome; it being a fucking vision. 

"No, you aren't." Enid said. It sounded like she was angry. Without any word, she kneeled down to Wednesday, and lifted her up.

"En-" "Shut up." Enid ordered. She walked with Wednesday lifted by her shoulders towards her bed, and placed her down.

"Until you tell me why you always wake up out of a sudden, and we appear in the most...confusing...position." Enid ordered, making Wednesday slightly scared. "I try to be open with you at all times, but yo-"

"Your hands." Wednesday interrupted, making Enid stop. "Your hands are beaten up, possibly few broken bones in your fingers."

"H-" "These stupid visions, dreams, or what are they called...they showed me that." Wednesday said, angrily. "So you tell me one more time I need to be open with you..."

"Wed-" "No, Enid." Wednesday said, standing up. "I don't even know what is real and what is fake."

"You being a werecat is a real thing." Enid said.

"Okay, so..." Wednesday quickly thought if she should tell her. 

"So?" "So I can't do anything with you." Wednesday said, as Enid opened her eyes wide.

"What?" Enid asked, as Wednesday walked away, towards the balcony.

"Wednesday, what you mean by that?" She quickly followed the shorter girl.

"It means that..." Wednesday started, as she was looking over the forest.

"Wednesday, fucking tell me!" Enid ordered.

"It means that I can't love you." Wednesday said, and threw herself off the railing.

"WEDNESDAY!!!" Enid screamed, running over to the railing, trying to catch her, but no luck. She just watched the girl fall from the top of the building down to her death.

Or?

She was surprised, and wiped her tears to clear her vision, because Wednesday began transforming. In a moment, she was gone and replaced by a cat. A small, black cat, that easily landed on its paws on the ground.

The cat looked up, its red eyes looking through Enid. Enid smiled, knowing the cat must have seen it. The cat hurriedly ran back into the building. Soon after that, Enid heard scratching on the door. She smiled and ran to the door, opening it.

"Aww, Wednesday! You scared me!" She picked up the cat, who started purring. Very silently, but it was real purring. Enid remembered what Wednesday said, and kissed the nose of the cat. 

The cat looked at her, its pupils narrowing. She also slightly leaned her head to her side, like she was confused.

"Wends, you can love me." She told the cat, who just looked away. Enid placed the cat down, and closed the door. She watched the cat walk towards her own bed, Enid following her to the darkness.

The cat jumped up on the bed, and slowly transformed back into Wednesday, who was crying. She looked at Enid, like she was about to cry even more.

"Wends, are you really scared of being in love or?" Enid said, implying the last proper conversation before Tyler was conducted by Wednesday and her "friends".

"Yes." She quietly replied.

"Then...what should I do to help you?" Enid asked. She was still standing a good distance from Wednesday, not wanting to make her uncomfortable, which was strange, since they were sleeping together.

"Nothing." Wednesday said. "Be you."

"So...you want to give it a shot?" Enid asked.

That was when Wednesday had to make a hard decision. Be broken...again. Or give it a shot.

"Yes?" Wednesday said, as Enid nodded. Wednesday patted the place next to her, indicating to Enid to sit down. Enid sat and looked into Wednesday's eyes.

"Wednesday." "Yes...Αγάπη (Love)?" Wednesday said, knowing Enid understood it clearly.

"Okay...you want to make me die out of blushing." Enid said, adding a light chuckle to it.

"Σ'αγαπώ (I love you)," Wednesday said. "And for a long time. But...yes, I was really scared."

"That I would become a murderer?" "You don't have the heart to do that." Enid smiled at Wednesday, who kept talking. "You are the most peaceful human being in the world."

"And I chose the most sadistic and violent cat as my love interest." Enid added with a smile. "Κι εγω σε αγαπω (I love you too)."

"So you didn't forget Greek." Wednesday said, as Enid nodded.

"How could I?" Enid said. "It's such a nice language!"

"I'm not arguing about it." Wednesday said. She leaned with her head onto Enid's shoulder, and out of nowhere...

"Are you...purring?" Enid asked, surprised to hear soft purrs coming from Wednesday.

"Possibly." Wednesday said, and nuzzled into Enid's neck.

"So you mean it? That you want to give us a shot?" Enid asked, just to be sure.

"Yes, I want to." Wednesday said. "Now, we both need to sleep."

"Because you want to?" "No, because I need to lay down with you." Wednesday said, and looked up. Enid smiled, and kissed her forehead.

"Okay, let's go to sleep." Wednesday agreed, and made them both lay flat down on her bed.