At least someone's happy

The next day was here sooner than anyone would want. Ashlynn, while looking at herself in the mirror, has been thinking about the angry teachers that experienced angry Enid, who was awoken by them.

"Have you seen my mascara?" Enid shouted, hoping it was heard by Ashlynn.

"No, but you can borrow mine." She replied. "It's on my shelf."

"Thanks." Enid replied.

Ashlynn knew that Enid wasn't the happiest, but it was just a cover-up; she was sad, really sad. And it was totally reasonable.

They both finished getting ready for the school, walking beside each other till they got into their class. Luckily, they had the same this day, and then there was a weekend. They both were looking towards the weekend more than ever.

But as they stepped inside, their ways parted since Ashlynn was grabbed by someone and pulled aside. Enid quickly realized it was the only vampire that didn't wear glasses often, so she let it go, sitting down at the table where she and Wednesday always sat. 

It was going to be hard day.

As the lesson began and the teacher explained already so much Enid didn't care about anything. The girl looked to her side, seeing two people sitting at the table that was next to hers. 

At least someone's happy. Enid thought, looking back to the front, trying to pay attention to the teacher. She won't lie, she wished Ashlynn got in a good relationship. But she also wished that everything would settle down and she could have a good relationship with Wednesday.

She pulled out her phone, hiding it behind her bag so the teacher wouldn't see it. Opening messages, she hoped that Wednesday would at least message her, but nothing.

Enid: gm wends

Nothing. Enid sighed, opening the gallery. There were more pictures of her and Wednesday than screenshots, which was surprising even for her. But she liked it, seeing that Wednesday was open with her.

Suddenly, her screen was covered in a notification.

Wednesday: Good morning, Enid.

The blonde quickly opened the messages and saw that Wednesday was sending more messages.

Wednesday: Good morning, Enid.
Wednesday: If you are asking, yes, I'm fine.
Wednesday: And I talked with my parents, my father is coming over to help me clean my name.
Wednesday: Murder sounds nice in my curriculum vitae, but I want to be able to hold you in my arms without everyone wanting to put me behind bars.

Enid would be lying if she didn't she'd a tear when she finished reading the message. It was so heartwarming even though it was serious and slightly dark.

Enid: im crying rn
Enid: i love u <3

Wednesday: <3

Locking her phone, she quickly wiped the tears from her eyes. She really wished that everything would be resolved soon, because she missed the girl already so much.

"Miss Sinclair, you are too quiet today, how about you tell me the answer to this problem?" The teacher said, making Enid quickly look at the board.

"Uhm..." She quickly tried to calculate the problem in her mind. "Four...and a half?"

"Very well." The teacher responded, continuing with her lecture, which indicated that she won't bug Enid again.

/-/-/-/

"I don't think that Larisa Weems is dead, father." Wednesday said, walking beside her father. "She doesn't even have any symptoms of being injected with nightshade poison."

"Yes, it is strange." Gomez said. "You mean that she isn't dead when you, a girl who can pierce a pin through someone's heart from any distance, didn't kill her?"

"Yes." "Pardon me, but I find that quite hard to believe." Gomez said. "Although...some shapeshifters can create temporary clones of them with their mind connected."

"That would mean...that Weems could always use her clone while doing these things, because she knew one day something would happen to her." Wednesday said and stopped walking, her father doing the same.

"Do shapeshifters inherit powers from the person they morph into?" Wednesday asked, knowing her father knew more about these things than she did.

"Yes, they do." "I think I know where the real Weems is." Wednesday said, and was about to run away, but stopped.

"You know where the pond near Nevermore is?" "Where sirens have their hideout? Yes." Gomez said. "Okay, I'll meet you there."

Wednesday nodded, and soon she was on the run in her feline form, heading back towards the Nevermore.

/-/-/-/

"To make potion explode...you need to connect with the vial." Ashlynn read out. "How is that even possible to happen?"

"I don't know, Ash." Enid said, scooping up the potato mush, and looked at it. "It sounds strange, but I wouldn't doubt that relic books."

"What if the vial has to be made by me? Maybe that will connect us." Ashlynn said, closing the book. "Anyway, it's not important. I have no idea how would I use it."

"Yeah, at least you understand the theory." Enid said, still looking lifelessly at her spoon. She had no energy to eat it at all.

"Are you okay?" Ashlynn asked, worried about her friend.

"No, how could I after being separated from Wednesday?" Enid said, putting the spoon down. "But I trust her to make everything oka-"

"Hello, Miss Sinclair and Miss Montcruz." A voice interrupted them. They both looked to the side, only to see...

...principal Weems.

"Um." "Could you two stop at my office after lessons?" The woman asked, as they both nodded, not being able to say anything. The woman just smiled and walked away.

Didn't they bury Weems like...yesterday?