Surprise

Enid was checking herself in the mirror last time, making sure everything she had done to prevent anyone from seeing what happened to her.

Looking if she perfected her make-up, adjusting the collar of her sweater, checking her fingerless gloves to make sure they are hiding her bruises.

If Enid forgot what she is trying to hide, she looked really pretty. The rainbow sweater, under which she had a button-up shirt and white sweatpants.

She took her bag and suitcase, Thing climbed on her shoulder and into her bag, and she walked out of her room, going down, to where her dad was standing, waiting for her.

He smiled and took her luggage, walking with her to their car.

No words were spoken on the ride to the train station. Enid was just happy that her mother won't hit her anymore for now.

As they stopped in front of the train station, Enid got out and went to the trunk to take her suitcase, as her father stepped out of the car.

"Good luck Enid, take care." He said, hugging the girl. "You can call me anytime."

She just nodded and made her way inside to the train station. The train she was supposed to get on had already got there, so she walked directly to the platform and hopped on. Enid found herself in a compartment with no one in it, so that was a win for her...and for Thing since he isn't that liked by others.

She put down her things and Thing got out of her bag, sitting on her leg. Enid sighed and just smiled at the hand. What he said yesterday was still roaming in her head.

Wednesday cares for me to send Thing a country away? Enid thought, looking at the hand. "Does Wednesday really care for me?"

'Yes.' Thing replied simply, yet straightforward. It made Enid smile even more, cursing her mother for not being able to call the girl.

"She must be scared for you." 'No, she doesn't care for me.' Thing signed. 'She is scared for you. She knows you've been hurt.'

"But you can NOT tell her about these, understand?" Enid said, Thing accepting without another option.

Enid got out of the taxi, as the driver already took her suitcase out of the trunk.

"Thanks," Enid said, handing him 20 dollars. He nodded and accepted it, entering his car.

Enid looked up at the academy, cracking a smile. Finally here. She thought and made her way inside. In an instant, she was met by Weems.

Geez, thought you would be down 6 feet. Enid thought as Weems looked down at her.

"Hello, Enid, and welcome back," Weems said with a smile.

"Yes, hello principal Weems," Enid replied. "I didn't think I would be seeing you."

"Surprisingly, Wednesday had said the same." "Mhm," Enid replied and walked passed the woman, towards the quad. There, she spotted Yoko, sitting and scrolling through Instagram. Enid put her suitcase down and sneakily walked behind Yoko.

And then, she jumped right beside her, placing her arm on Yoko's shoulder. Yoko jumped slightly up, as she looked to her side.

"Enid!" Yoko said, hugging the blonde. "I haven't expected you to come this soon!"

"Well, my mother has resumed being a bitch, so...yeah," Enid said, getting up from the bench. "Anyway, I gotta go meet Wednesday, and charge my phone."

"Yeah, go meet your roomie," Yoko said. "At least she won't threaten me."