A real one

Wednesday knew she wasn't dreaming, when she opened her eyes, and saw Enid, with her head nuzzled by her neck, and Wednesday having her arms around her in a protective manner.

This was the reality. She is together with Enid Sinclair.

Suddenly, the girl in her arms woke up, and slowly looked at Wednesday, and gave her a soft smile.

"Good morning," Enid said in her raspy voice.

"Morning to you too," Wednesday said. She didn't move, knowing now it was okay to lay in any position they wanted.

"Have you finally slept without interruption?" Enid asked, moving her arms onto Wednesday's waist.

"Yes," Wednesday replied. "Even though we slept for a few hours."

"But it was worth it," Enid said, smiling as she snuggled even more to the smaller girl. Enid was a really touchy and affectionate person, but Wednesday never thought she would be affected by that.

"I'm not saying it wasn't," Wednesday said. "But we need to change, and...go."

Wednesday suddenly felt sad again, as she thought about seeing her mother almost dead. Enid felt it, and hugged Wednesday tightly, as she let out a few drops of tears.

"It's gonna be okay, I'll be with you," Enid said and began rubbing her back.

"It's just... I-I don't want to l-lose her." Wednesday said, crying. "I-I always w-was cruel to h-her. And I-I need t-to a-apologize."

"You will," Enid said and looked into her eyes. "She is still here, and you will have every chance to tell her what you need."

Wednesday nodded, and Enid wiped her tears off. She cared deeply for Wednesday, and she wanted her to know it.

"Thank you, Αγάπη (Love)," Wednesday said, and tried to smile.

"Anytime, Wends. Anytime." Enid said, and let go off Wednesday. "We really need to dress."

"Mhm," Wednesday said, watching Enid standing up from her bed.

"I'm going to shower," Enid said as she made her way towards the bathroom, but suddenly stopped. "Care to join?"

Silence.

"Okay, too so-" "If you don't mind?" Wednesday said, standing up, and following Enid into the bathroom.

They both stepped inside and locked the door. Soon, Enid was already down with her clothes, and inside the shower. She was waiting for Wednesday, who slowly undressed too.

"Come on, we can have a longer shower since the hot water will be divided between us," Enid said, waiting. Wednesday soon shyly stepped inside, and closed the door, as Enid turned on the water.

"Do you have...a white button-up shirt with a tight collar?" Wednesday asked, watching Enid put some shampoo on her hair.

"Yeah, I do! I thought I would wear it today, to look...you know... more "appealing" to your parents." Enid said. "Mind if I wash your hair?"

"Y-yeah, I don't mind," Wednesday said as Enid began unbraiding her hair.

"You have...really smooth hair," Enid said. "But...you sure you don't mind being naked here...with me?"

"Yeah, it's o-okay." Wednesday shyly said. "Just...n-not used to i-it."

Enid nodded and finished unbraiding her hair. She slowly started brushing her smooth, silky black hair that have reached her shoulders.

"You don't look like a person that uses shampoo specifically for hair," Enid said, washing her hair. "It feels like a smooth silk."

"Mhm." "You seem stiff..." Enid said, slightly moving away from Wednesday.

"Yes, I never...showered with someone...and I..." Wednesday began and looked right into her eyes. "Finish without me." 

Wednesday walked out of the shower, wrapped her towel around herself, and walked out of the bathroom. Enid stood there, confused, and worried she did something really...really wrong.

/-/-/-/

Enid stood out of the bathroom, already seeing Wednesday sitting behind her table, in a stylish black blazer and black trousers. She looked behind when she heard the door open, and they made eye contact.

"Look, Wends, I'm so-" "Don't." Wednesday snapped. "Change and we are leaving."

Enid nodded, and went into her closet, picking her clothes and changing into them. Soon, she was out and took her bag, which was already packed and ready.

"Okay, I'm ready." She announced as Wednesday stood up, and without any word put on her shoes and waited for Enid to put on hers.

Even though Enid knew she had screwed up something, Wednesday took her hand while they were walking down the staircase.

They got out of the school, seeing Lurch already standing beside the car, waiting for the two. Enid got inside the car, Wednesday following her, but not letting go of her hand, which Enid didn't mind.

The car started up, and they were on their long, 6-hour long trip. And there was a lot of that needs to be talked, because Enid didn't want---

"Why?" Wednesday interrupted her thoughts. 

"Why...what?" Enid asked, and looked at her.

"Why did you ask me to join you in...the shower?" Wednesday asked. 

"I thought tha-" "I'm ugly, thin, almost anorectic looking." Wednesday interrupted. "Why did you even begin to like me is my question."

"Wednesday...you are pretty. And when I asked you...I didn't think you would agree." Enid said, looking down at their connected hands. "Either way, I had a good time."

"I...you have a great body, and I don't." "Wed-" Enid felt a finger on her lips.

"Don't lie, be quiet," Wednesday ordered and took her fingers down. "I am not the girl you should want, Enid. I'm not perfect."

"Yes, you are! To me!" "Don't try to convince yourself," Wednesday said. "If you like me as the girl you have seen day to day for the last few months, then we shouldn't even try to be together."

"Wednesday!" Enid shut her up. "I do love you! The real Wednesday! You've shown me how soft can you be, how protective can you be. I know the real you, I know the person behind the violent coverup!"

Wednesday looked at her, her eyes watering. She hurt Enid with words she told her, despite them being real...to her.

"Enid, I-" "It's okay...I want to try to help you overcome your anxiety and other issues." Enid said softly. "And by the way, you have an amazing b-" 

"Shut up." Wednesday interrupted with a smile. 

"I'm serious," Enid said. Wednesday nodded, and for some reason, she transformed into a cat and curled up into a ball on Enid's lap. Enid began stroking her fur, as she let out calm purrs and soon she was asleep.

A cat. She is a cute cat. Enid thought, took out her phone, and took a picture of her. She immediately put it on Instagram, because she must show off her cat.

Enid <3 🐺 (@enidsinclair): this cat has been sleeping on me for som time now :*

After she posted it, a notification came on Wednesday's phone that was next to her. She put her own down, and closed her eyes, hoping to sleep for most of the trip.