Broken blade

The open book lay on the floor, while Wednesday was trying to find any clue of the past assassinations from the furs. The book helped with nothing, just taught her how the sword penetrated the teacher's neck.

"Why do I smell fish from you?" She heard. Turning around, she saw Enid staring down at her.

"I took a shower," Wednesday said.

"Okay, but still. Were you in a pond or something?" Enid asked, sitting down beside her girlfriend.

"Kinda," Wednesday said, closing the book, since it contained some pictures that would make Enid faint.

"Wednesday." "I was looking for something, and the clues led me into a lake that was far away from Nevermore," Wednesday revealed what was she doing. She couldn't lie to Enid, and she would learn about her trip yesterday sooner or later from Ashlynn.

"You are gonna kill yourself," Enid said, wrapping Wednesday in a hug. "I can't let you do that."

"Your cuteness will be the death of me for sure," Wednesday said, relaxing herself in the hug.

"I'm not that cute," Enid said, making circles on Wednesday's back with her thumb.

"Liar," Wednesday replied. "To me, you are cute, to others I don't care."

"You seriously need to learn how to flirt." Enid laughed, kissing the top of Wednesday's head. "Now come, we need to go for some food."

"Haven't you eaten a plate of meat an hour before?" "That's different! That was an appetizer." Enid defended herself.

"Okay, let's go." Wednesday gave up, standing up. Enid lifted herself by pulling herself up with Wednesday's help.

/-/-/-/

"One day you eat nothing, and another you eat half of the storage," Wednesday said, looking at what Enid put on her plates.

"I'm hungry!" Enid said, trying hard not to drop the plates on her tray. They both sat down at a table, where Ashlynn was studying and eating at the same time.

"Put that book away, and eat," Wednesday ordered, making Ashlynn look up, and roll her eyes while closing the book.

"I learned that in order to get into German class, I need to know at least some of the language in order to pass the exam," Ashlynn said. "That's why I'm studying."

"Wednesday is right," Enid said, already eaten half of a plate. "Study after food." 

Ashlynn nodded, and the three ate their food in silence. But Enid being Enid, she broke the silence.

"You and Yoko, how did it go?" Enid asked Ashlynn, who nearly choked on the piece of bread in her throat.

"She is a coffee addict," Ashlynn replied, a mild blush appearing on her cheeks. Enid didn't seem to notice, but Wednesday did, and was happy for Ashlynn, even if she wouldn't tell her that directly.

"Not like Wednesday though," Ashlynn added, as Enid turned to face Wednesday, who just smiled. 

"But when I say reduce the amount of coffee you drink, you flip me off." "Because coffee is good, not like your milkshakes." Wednesday defended herself. "That stuff is sweet."

"Not saying it's not," Enid said and turned back to Ashlynn. "And besides that?"

"She was sad because of the rejection," Ashlynn said. "But besides that it was peaceful. We chatted, sometimes laughed."