Woeful time

"...just stretch your arms like this-" 

Wednesday moved Enid's arm to the back, with her hand still holding the string of the bow.

"Aim at the target," Wednesday instructed, as Thing waved and put up an apple.

"What if I hit him?" Enid asked, worried.

"Hurt Thing? Try, it's impossible." Wednesday said with a smile. "Aim, and let go."

Enid tried to aim at the apple, her arms giving up from the force the bow put up, and she let go sooner than she wanted, making the arrow fly right into Thing, pinning him to a wall.

"Oh god! Thing!" Enid ran to the hand, who was just trying to wiggle himself from the arrow.

"He's fine," Wednesday said, walking behind Enid. "I once cut him with an axe-"

"Heeeyyyy!" They both turned around, seeing Ashlynn, all rested.

"Ash!" Enid exclaimed, running to her and hugging her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Ashlynn said. "It takes more to end me."

She looked at Wednesday, who cracked a smile, but she looked...nervous.

"Oh come here you," Ashlynn said, walking towards Wednesday and hugging her, with Wednesday not moving an inch, but...putting her hand on Ashlynn's back.

"Softie." "Shut it, Enid," Wednesday said, letting go of Ashlynn. "I'm glad you are okay."

"Hey, it happens." Ashlynn smiled. "I was happy that I helped my girlfriend, even if it made me faint."

"How did she react when you woke up?" Wednesday asked.

"Oh, well..." Ashlynn looked down to the floor. "...I woke her up...by tickling."

"Yoko is ticklish?" "By fur, yes," Ashlynn added. "Somehow."

They both looked at her, confused.

"What do you mean by...fur...?" Wednesday asked.

"Oh...let me show you!" Ashlynn said, twirling around as her tail popped out. The two watched her, Thing soon joining them. They were all surprised; they were a literal zoo. A cat, a wolf, and a fox.

"If they knew it, we would be separated, you know that?" Wednesday said. "Only Enid can be a wolf, we cannot be anything else that we are, you understand?"

"Yeah, I do," Ashlynn said. "But it's cool, we can go and scare the shit out of people."

Enid just sighed in defeat, since she had no say in this.

///

"So, what about your staff?" Enid asked as they were walking in the woods towards Jericho.

"Hm?" "We could've, like, flown there," Enid said.

"You suggested a, and I quote, 'nice little stroll to the town'." Wednesday said, as it dawned on Enid she did indeed say that.

"Okay," Enid said, as Wednesday tightened the grip on her hand to reassure her it was fine.

"And the staff, well..." Wednesday said, extending her free hand out, the staff appearing in her hand. "...it's with me all the time."

"Did you find anything about it?" Enid asked as it hid back into thin air.

"I am yet to contact my parents about it, but I'm sure this was one of the few things never documented about Addams," Wednesday said.

"If you learned how to fully control it...I would have a beautiful witch who is also a cat as my girlfriend." Enid said, as they already reached the town. "I would brag to everyone."

"That would mean everyone will know I'm a werecat, don't you think?" Wednesday said, making Enid think about it.

"Yeah," Enid said, as Wednesday chuckled.

"Oh, my sweet Enid," Wednesday said, making Enid's cheeks red.

Walking in the town center, there were many stalls with festive decorations, all selling everything they could to others.

"Hm, maybe a festival is happening here," Enid said as they walked away from the stalls, and towards the café.

"Do you want to go?" Wednesday asked.

"If you don't want to go, then I don't," Enid said. "It's time for me to start to think about your needs too."

Wednesday stopped walking, making Enid tug back. She just looked down at her girlfriend, who had stars in her eyes.

"Wed-" Wednesday slapped her lips onto Enid's, who immediately returned the kiss, but was surprised.

"That was the sweetest thing you ever told me," Wednesday whispered. "I love you, Enid."

"Aww, I love you too, sweetheart," Enid said, placing a kiss on her forehead, while people were walking around them. But neither cared a bit.

Their moment couldn't be interrupted. Would it, however, be, Wednesday wouldn't hold back not a single bit.

"Shall we continue?" Enid asked, receiving a small nod from her girlfriend. They both finished their stroll in front of the Weatherwane. Wednesday opened the door for Enid, who just smiled, but deep inside so flattered.

"But today's on m-" "Nope." Wednesday immediately cut her. 

"Aww," Enid whined, as they sat down. "For how long you are gonna keep being like this? I want to treat my girlfriend as well!"

"You treat me good, Enid," Wednesday said. "It's just...I don't want to be a burden to you when spending your money."

"But you want me to be your burden?" "Precisely, I couldn't ask for anything else," Wednesday said.

The Addams's curse, which she learned from Thing and books (for some reason they had them), is more difficult to understand than anything she has ever tried to learn. But the main thing was that Addamses are known to be scared of losing the one that they fell in love with, and they try to keep them to themselves with anything.

In this case, Wednesday was literally treating her like a princess.

"...they are, officer." Enid heard, lifting her head up. She saw two officers walking towards them as the barista pointed at them.

"Wed-" "I know, stay calm," Wednesday whispered as Enid made quick eye contact with her, looking back into the menu.

"Miss Sinclair?" 

It's usually Wednesday. "Yes, that's me," Enid said.

"We are here to investigate a possible domestic violence in your family's house." One of the officers said. "You need to come with us."

"She lives in San Francisco, a thousand miles from here, so why are you here, asking her to come with you?" Wednesday stood up.

"It's just our job." "Oh, right," Wednesday said. "And you think my job is what?"

"Not our bus-" Wednesday slapped one of the officers, knocking him out cold on the floor.

"Wednesday!" Enid shouted. 

"Miss, put your hands up, now!" The other officer said, pulling out his gun.

"In my books, you don't pull out your gun unless you want to use it," Wednesday said, the staff appearing in her hand.

"Miss, put your hands UP!" The officer said again, as Wednesday just sighed, slamming the staff on the floor.

The officer was gone, vaporized, dead (probably).

"Oh my god, Wednesday!" Enid said. "You probably killed them both!" 

"No one messes with my girlfriend when I want some quality time with her."