Unavailable

Wednesday got back to Nevermore after gathering more photos of the murders, and with zero clues. She felt a bit disappointed but knew that the next murder will happen, and she will know who did it.

As she arrived at the dorm, Thing was already waiting there. She placed down her bag and began listening to Thing.

'So, the English teacher has been here for three decades, he might know something.' "Great, but I rather talk with someone normal than an adult," Wednesday replied.

'Then there are vampires. Maybe Yoko knows something.' "And include her in this?" Wednesday said, but thought about it. Yoko could in fact help her. 

"Okay, I'll call her over." Wednesday gave up as Thing was tapping furiously. She took out her phone and called Yoko, as she had acquired her number last night.

"Yes, Wednesday?" "I suppose you are doing something, but could you come over?" "Sure thing!" And the vampire hung up. Wednesday moved her finger over to another contact and dialed it.

'The person you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please try again in a moment.' The voice said. Wednesday knew Enid isn't the person to just have her phone off. But the thoughts needed to wait since Yoko barged into the dorm.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Yoko began, throwing herself on the empty bed across the room.

"Were there any missing teachers or students reported before I came?" Wednesday asked.

"I am quite sure you are onto another investigation." "Correct," Wednesday said, unlocked her phone, and gave it to Yoko.

"I found this in the forest today," Wednesday explained the photos of two dead teachers. "They were both teachers here."

"How long have they been dead?" "Looking at it maybe two days," Wednesday said. Yoko kept scrolling through the pictures, only to see a screenshot, immediately knowing she passed the set with the murder.

The screenshot was a video call, taken this morning, of sleeping, Enid.

"Give it back." Wednesday saw it, and took it back, throwing it into her pocket. "So do you know anyone?"

"There was a teacher once, who made rivals with the furs, and the next day he was found dead," Yoko explained. "But it wasn't by a werewolf."

"It was with an arrow." "Yes," Yoko confirmed. "So maybe the fu-"

"No werewolf is here in Nevermore yet as far as I know." Wednesday interrupted. "So it must be someone, who has really precise shooting."

"How so?" "The arrow was deep in the heart, and exactly in the middle. So it must've been someone really good." Wednesday explained. Yoko just kept nodding. Wednesday suddenly opened her phone again and called Enid, getting the same response as before.

"Who you were calling?" "Enid. She is unavailable." Wednesday said.

She deserves to know, so why hadn't Enid told her? "Wednesday, you know her parents, right?" Yoko asked.

"If a parent is a creature she calls mom, I do," Wednesday replied coldly.

"So...the thing is that...her mother beats her almost every day."

Silence.

"She. DOES. WHAT?" Wednesday said with anger in her voice.

"Enid must've told you about it." "She didn't. She just said that her mother dislikes her, not that she beats her." Wednesday said, turning on her heel. "Thing!"