2

Reader's name: Davina Clair
Occupation: Psychiatrist
Story inspired by: Don't Blame Me - Taylor Swift

——————————————

It's late, I walk down the street observing hundreds faces living their life. Maybe some. Some are just homeless, an addict, god knows what else. I mean what can you say, it's LA.

Today was exhausting, all my energy was drained. Don't get me wrong I love my job, but sometimes a girl needs a break.

I'm in my black coat, my hands are freezing. I think I might have one or two drinks so I enter a bar across the street.

"Ms? May I see your ID?" a security guy look me up and down, "oh for god sake, I'm a psychiatrist. Old enough?" I roll my eyes, "nah you don't like a psychiatrist" he laughs, "I forgot my ID" "so you ca-"
a woman voice heard behind me "let her in, she's a friend" stern and cold.

I turn and our eyes met, she's in a purple suit with her red hair tied up in a pony tail, one hand rest on her dark purple raven cane. There are five guys dressed in black, I assumed they are her security guards.

"Thank you" I says raising my brow, she smirks. I turn back to the men in front of me "you heard her" he step aside letting me with his face staring down.

The red head follows as I walk my way to the bar counter, "White Russian, please" I take a seat, "as always" same tone of voice appears beside me.

"Hello again" I smile, "what's a pretty face like this doing here alone?" Her lip forms into a smirk, I laugh "I'm Davina... Davina Clair" I hold out my hand, she take it "Wilhemina Venable".

"So Ms.Venable you're alone?" I asks sipping my cocktail, "no, but they can wait" her eyes haven't left mine, "and you Ms.Clair, you just move here?" She swallow her martini, "I was raised here, been here since I came out my mother" I let out a soft laughs, "how come I never see you before?" She take out a cigar, "oh... it's my first time in this bar" I look at her fingers elegantly lighting her cancer stick.

"I see..." she take a puff and pass it to me, "ahh.. I don't-..." she give me a wink and that enough for me to take it from her fingers and inhale the smoke, "its been a long long while since I quit smoking" I cough a little, "since when?" "After I became a psychiatrist" I finish my drink and ask for another, "a psychiatrist... so that makes you're Dr.Clair" she looks amuse, we talks and I keep taking drink after drink.

Till the liquid starting to run through my veins, "Dr.Clair, you and I we should meet more often" "well... I'm expensive" I playfully roll my eyes, "I'll buy an island", "I don't know... can you?", "I'm being serious, love" she says without hesitation. Maybe it's the alcohol talking.

"You're so funny" i feels the urge to use the restroom, "sorry I'll be right back" I get up and my legs was weak, almost lose my balance when a hand wrap around my waist . My eyes are heavy, I can barely see anything but the light shining everywhere with music bursting into my ears, it's like I'm on a roller coaster.

"I got you" a man whisper in my ear, "take your filthy hand off her" Ms.Venable grab my wrist and pull me into her, "SECURITY" she louden her voice, I am too weak to do anything.

"I need to puke" I look at her with my eyes half shut, she support me with her free hand to the restroom, I didn't take another second to breath, my head go right in the toilet.

After the gut cleaning session, I'm quite sober up, Ms.Venable hand me a glass of water, "thank you" I give her a shyly smile, "are you okay?" She sounds concerns "yes"

We walk out the bar, "do you need a ride home, Ms.Clair?" She offers, "no I don't bother you I'll be fine also you can just call me Davina" I smile, "let me take you home, Davina" she insists, my name sounds like music coming from her plump lips, "I'll okay I promise" I says, she look at her watch and it's also 12 "come on, it's not safe" she take my hand, before I can say anything "get in the car, Davina" I can't refuse anymore also anything could happen to a girl out this late.

I give her my location, we sit in the backseat. "I'd like to make an appointment" she says out of nowhere, "an appointment?" I confuse, "yes with you, tomorrow at 9sharp. Is that okay?", "of course" we arrive in front of my house, I give her my card with my number on it.

"See you tomorrow, Dr.Clair" she rolls down her black window, "see you tomorrow Ms.Venable" I wink entering my house.

"For you, I would cross the line"