36

I wake up the next day to my phone buzzing, "hello?" my morning voice was raspy, "Davina...?" first I thought I heard her voice, until I look at the name, it's Sarah.

Sarah, she's my friend and she's gay. Like so gay dude. We meet in a bookstore, she pick me a book and it was amazing, we got each other phone number.

"Davina? You're still in bed?" She giggles through the phone, "no oh gosh no, I'm making breakfast" I look at the clock it 10am, "you're lying to me" she says, "and why do I have to lie???", "I don't know" she laughs.

"anyway... I heard it's your birthday, so happy birthday to my favorite human!!!" something about her, she like a walking power-bank, "what!?" I look at the date I forgot my own birthday, "thank you!!!", "wanna go out for dinner?" She asks, "sure I would love that but maybe after my fifth patient" "but promise won't be late" I says and she laughs "alright alright see yah!", "mmhmm see yah"

***

I arrived at my office at 2pm and start doing my work, patient after patient, it's quite exhausting.

I'm in my 15mins break and receive an email from a name 'Ally Mayfair Richards' saying she would like to make an appointment today at 5 if that possible. I reply back to confirm that she could meet me today. I leave at 6 anyway.

Backing back to my next fifth patient, I finished with her session and wait for Ms.Richards.

Sipping on warm coffee, a knock appears on the door, "do come in" I says, signing off some paperwork, I heard the door close.

"Good evening Ms.Richards" I says still trying to finish of two more paper, before I heard the voice of cane tapping towards my desk, I thought my mind playing trick with.

"Good evening Dr.Clair" she take seat, the familiar lavender scent hits me, I look up.
I froze.

"Am I dreaming or is that really you Wilhemina?" I sternly says, "long time no see, love" she looks the same, doesn't age a day.

I push the chair back, making my way out the office, she grab my waist, "Davina" she says, "WHAT!?" I pull my hand away, she sighs "let me explain" she's so real for that.

"you must be kidding me",
"Now will you let me fucking explain" she pull my wrist dragging me back inside the office and lock the door behind her,
"I don't even know what to say" a stupid tear roll down my cheek, I quickly wipe it away.

"Take a seat" she calmly says, "no you get out" i point toward the door, I had enough of her bullshit, "come on baby, that's not how you talk to your fiancé" is she being serious, "seriously? Wilhemina you're crazy!" I snap, she gripped a hold on both my shoulders making me sit down on the sofa, then she take a seat across from me.

I'm speechless.

I give her a 'explain then leave' looks.
"I- I did make sure that you're safe before I left" she says under her breath, I puff shaking my head gazing out the window.

"I thought me disappearing for a while-",
"A while" I sarcastically repeats,
"I didn't know it would be this long, I did search for you Davina, god knows you left town" she says leaning over to grab my hand I move it away,
"Yeah right you done?" I raise my brows,
"I didn't know what to do Davina, that time I realized you loving me and you being with me is torture, i hurts you way too much. So I left, before I killed you or someone else did" I can't think of a word to say, I mean her showing up after a year is not something I expected.

I don't know where this anger in me comes from, not sure if I actually hate for for leaving me or me loving her.

"But eventually I had her killed" she says,
"Who?",
"Viola" that name boils my blood,
She pulls out a letter and pass it on the table between us, "I wanted to give you this but I thought it's better if I don't" she whispers,
I take a look at it and my tears starts flowing down like waterfall, like I've been holding it in for too long.

"why- why didn't you send this to me?" I sobs, she stood up and walk to me, "I was scared you gonna beg for me to come back or even worst trying to find me and not getting on with your life" she wipe my tears away, I melt in her touch I miss this I miss her and god I love her too much to hate her.

"Are you stupid" I smack her arms, sobbing harder, she take me into her embrace, rubbing my back, I try to move away, she pull me me back in.

"I torture myself Davina, while you're not around I try to tell myself that you'll be okay without me and that you will find happiness along the way but i can't take that anymore I can't leave you alone" "if loving you is a crime then arrest me" she says looking into my eyes, "you're crazy you know that" I love her I love her I love her, "if loving you makes me crazy, baby I would gladly go insane" she smile leaning in the tip of our nose brushes, "would you allow me to love you again, Davina Clair?",
"Would you promise to never pull a stupid move like this again?" I asks, "I promise and I'm gonna wife you for real this time", "then sure I'll let you love, I love you Wilhemina" I says, she pull me into a kiss, I melt at the touch.

"I'll always choose you" she break the kiss and pull out a tiny red box, "Davina Clair, will you marry me?" A shiny diamond ring stood in the middle of the box, "What??? Now??" I'm stone, "will you do me a favor and be my wife?" she smile, "YESSS OF COURSE YESSS" I hold out my hand and she put it on my finger.

"Promise me this is forever" i tears up again, "I promise" "and happy birthday baby" she pull me into another kissing session instead of Ally Mayfair psychiatrist session.

"Who are you exactly? Ally Mayfair Richards or Wilhemina Venable" I giggles packing my things, "your wife" she says holding the door for me, we left my office.