#17

The air was tense as the two teams faced each other. The rogues where five in number, it wasn't a very fair battle, two against five.

"Just give us the grant will Ezekiel"

"Why should i?"

"Because if you don't, we'll kill you"

"I'd like to see you try." Ezekiel said charging towards them. The rogues charged towards him in return and clashing of swords was heard throughout the entire forest.

Ezekiel fought with a generous amount of strength and agility and he seemed to be giving the rogues a tough time. Pubry relaxed on a tree and watched with a glint in her eyes as Ezekiel fought almost effortlessly.

At a point the leader of the rogues got annoyed and signaled to his men who, surrounded Ezekiel and started attacking from every angle. At this point Ezekiel was no longer attacking but trying to defend himself.

"Okay. This has gone on long enough." Pubry said and detached herself from the tree, climbing the same tree effortlessly.

"Time. To. Bleed" she says closing one eye and aiming at one of the rogues, within a flash she released the arrow and it planted itself in the rogues head causing him to fall down dead. This caused the heads of the other rogues to snap in her direction.

"Oops!" She said grinning and jumping down from the tree and the same time shooting an arrow that landed on the neck of another rouge causing him to go unconscious.

"Shit. He has an elf on his side.."One of the rogues said panicking.

"Nice shot elf."

"Thanks and i have a name" She says standing beside him.

The rogues swung at their direction attacking them with their full might. Pubry easily dodged the blows with her speed an agility, Ezekiel was okay with defence.

"This won't do.. We'll all die" one of the rogues said panicking and in less than a second he stabbed a syringe into Ezekiel's shoulder causing him to roar in pain and collapse.

"You fool. What did you do that for?" The leader of the rogues screamed at him.

"He was winning."

"That's the last of Neon we had." He said pulling his hair in frustration.

Pubry looked at Ezekiel's lifeless form and gritted in anger clenching her fists as something in her stirred up and anger she had never felt before formed in her.

"You imbeciles. How DARE YOU?!!" She said green fire blasting from her body scattering the rogues in every direction and at the same time burning them.

She crouched down to his level and examined the purple burns on his skin. Her eyes turned green in anger at the sight before her.

She tried dragging him up but he was heavy.

"You owe me one you bozo" she said dragging him up but ended up falling on him.

Just then an idea popped into her head.

••kai? Kai can you hear me?

--pubry? Is that you?

••yes! Yes its me!

--Where on earth have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you.

••I'll explain everything to you but now i really need your help.

--Are you okay? Where are you?.

••Ask of a guard named Zuma and come with him and meet me at the border of the deserted forest. And hurry.

She cut off the mind link after he replied her positively. She sat on the floor beside his body and stroked his cheek. This was wrong but she felt something in him calling out to her, she felt strange serendipity at first sight.

She felt his pulse and breathed a sigh of relief when she figured out he was still alive. She could have healed him with her essence bit she was a little weak after that rage fit.

She then quickly opened her pouch and pulled out a book when she remembered what the head rogue said.

She scanned the index until she found Neon.

She flipped to the page and started reading through the lines.

"Neon is an odourless inert gas. Through the years it was discovered that with the right combination, Neon had an effect on some creatures.

As silver affected wolves. Bane affected vampires, so did Neon affect wraiths. Side effects of Neon on wraiths include intense pain, loss of consciousness, and skin burn."

"Hmm. It ends here. So that's what that rouge injected into Ezekiel that made him unconscious." Pubry said to herself.

She then turned to Ezekiel again checking his bruises when she heard the galloping of horses and she turned and saw Zuma riding a cart towards her.

"Is his highness okay?" He asks coming down from the cart, kai following suit.

She shakes her head in the negative.

"He needs urgent attention as soon as possible"

"Come on let's go." Zuma said holding Ezekiels legs while kai held his hands and they carried him towards the cart and placed him on the couch. Pubry followed suit and sat beside him, the ride home was completely silent.