#28

The fight was getting heated as the two males fought with equal rage. Kai pissed at the fact that another male was calling his mate his, while Damien was annoyed for being challenged.

Sollel stood there, confused. Confused at the fact that Damien called her his and also confused at the fact that he just grew a pair of fangs.

She watched as Damien's eyes turned blood red, and so did Kai's. They both fought like two alpha males fighting for dominance. In one swift movement, Damien was pinned on the floor by Kai, and the latter began throwing punches at him.

Ranel came in with a blast of Ice and this made Kai falter, and he fell, giving Kai an upper hand.

Pubry tried to contain Ranel, who was getting ready to attack Kai again, by using thick vines that came straight out of her hand, to tie her.

Damien, having the upper hand, due to Ranels ice and Damiens element which seemed to be to toxic water, pinned Kai to the wall and held his hand directly at his chest.

"I said she's mine. And nothing, not even you can change that" He said with a smug smile, his hands glowing.

Sollel clenched her fists in anger. Seeing Kai in that position angered her and what made it worse was the fact that Damien was claiming her when she made it clear she didn't care.

Blinded by rage, she ran to Ezekiel and took his sword away from him and ran with full force towards Damien and just as he was about to end Kai, she stroke a blow so hard that she flew back.

Damien screamed in agony, dropping Kai in the process, he turned around slowly and immediately his eyes met Sollels, his face dropped. Different emotions swelled through his eyes. Hurt. Betrayal. Pain.

Before he completely kicked the bucket, tears pooled in his eyes as his whole expression changed to pure pain and sadness, and just as he was about to give up, he muttered

"Why?" In a sad tone before his body went limp and his black blood covered him and flowed towards Sollel who stood there unmoving and in a trance.

Ranel took this as as opportunity and she threw two ice spears at Sollel, hitting her in her head and on her leg. She immediately passed out causing Kai to growl and even in his weak state, he ran up to Ranel and twisted her neck till it snapped and her body fell limp.

He immediately ran to Sollel and sniffed. He let out a whimper when he couldn't feel her heartbeat. He felt it was his fault and he started throwing himself on the floor with full force.

"Kai!"

"Kai stop it!" Pubry said rushing to his side but he just kept on throwing himself on the floor. She had to use vines to hold him down but he kept on trying to wriggle free.

Eventually he gave up when he realised he couldn't escape and slowly he changed into his human form.

He sat there in his full glory for a few minutes before Pubry tore down a curtain and wrapped it around Kai's bruised body.

He slowly looked up and towards Sollels lifeless body and he started shaking.

"Is..is she okay?" He says in a shaky voice while Pubry walks over to her and checks her pulse.

"She's holding on to a thin strand of life. She's barely alive. But she's a fighter" Pubry said with sadness and anger.

He slowly got up and walked towards her and kneeled beside her.

"C-cant you heal her?" He asked tearing up.

"I'm not sure yet. Besides I'm wasted. But we need to get out of here as soon as possible." Pubry said pulling Sollel up, but Kai stops her.

"I'll carry her" he says lifting her up.

"But you're not strong yet" Ezekiel says standing beside him.

"I need her close to me. I'm not thinking straight and her scent calms me down." He says finally picking her up and holding her close to himself.

"Lead the way." He says to Pubry, and they walk out towards the woods in complete silence.

***
"Kai. You should get some rest" Ezekiel said sitting down next to Kai.

Kai looked up at him and shaked his head, turning back to keep on stroking Sollels hair.

They walked all day and decided to rest near a small lake and ever since they settled down, Kai hasn't taken his eyes off Sollel.

"I know you feel guilty, but this isn't helping. You refused to eat or rest. And you'll need your strength to carry her tomorrow"

"How can I rest when she's like this" He says and keeps on stroking her hair.

"I'm sure she'd want you to rest. You being up isn't helping her condition"

Kai felt angry at being reminded that he couldn't help her but alas, Ezekiel was right.

He sighed and lay down, using part of the curtain still covering him, to cover Sollel. Slowly he drifted to an uncomfortable sleep.

This chapter was a rollercoaster. It had me crying and all but it's done.

Tell me what you think.

Did Damien deserve to die?