#24

Pubry, Kai and Ezekiel finally reach a busy market after running for a while.

Pubry leans over with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. Kai sits down on the floor leaning his back on the wall of one of the stalls. Ezekiel walks over to Pubry and rubs her back when she starts coughing. They're all dripping wet from sweat and it takes them a good ten minutes to catch their breaths.

People passing by gives them weird looks but don't say anything.

"Water. I--need--water. Now" Pubry says breathing heavily. Ezekiel nods and looks around, spotting a pond in the middle of the market. He picks up a half broken plate he sees behind a particular stall, and rushes towards the pond, coming back some seconds later with a half full plate of water.

Pubry quickly gulps it down and sighs in content before sitting down next to Kai.

"Thanks Zeke."

He nods and Kai takes the plate from her hand and walks towards the pond as well. Coming back a minute later with an empty bowl and a slightly satisfied expression on his face.

They all sit under the shade of the stall they're sitting behind and rest for a while.

After a while Kai raises his head from its former position and looks at the both of them with tired eyes.

"Which way from here?"

"We rest. I mean I can barely walk and as far as I know we're far from that palace besides even if they go after us which I doubt, our fake trail will buy us some time" Pubry says leaning her head on the wall

"Even if. Where do we rest."

Pubry looks up and looks around then points towards the only brick building in the area with a sign 'inn' hanging on the front.

"An inn? We clearly have no money to lodge"

"I do" Ezekiel says bringing a few gold coins out of his pockets

"Do you always have money on you?" Kai asked surprised.

"Well a prince shouldn't be walking around without money. Besides these are my palace clothes"

They both looked down and noticed he's still in his royal clothe which is leather pants, a white long sleeved button up paired with a royal blue blazer and knee length black boots.

"No wonder people were giving us weird looks" Pubry says shaking her head.

"Yeah. They where probably wondering why his Highness was running" Kai says smirking while Ezekiel chuckles.

"I still don't like you though" Kai says pointing at Ezekiel.

"Why what did I do?"

"You tried to claim my mate."

"Well that was a mistake. Besides I got my eyes somewhere else" he says glancing at Pubry whose eyes are closed, oblivious to their discussion.

Kai gives him a knowing smile and he shakes his head chuckling.

"Come on. Let's go" he says tapping Pubry and they all walk towards the inn.

They payed-- actually Ezekiel payed-- for three rooms, so Pubry can be comfortable.

As they slept that night, Kai couldn't shake of that feeling that something was wrong with his mate. They haven't mated yet so he can't mindlink her or feel her pain, but something in him kept telling him something is wrong.

He shook it off and went to sleep. Wishing it will all pass by fast so he can be with his mate.

***

Sollel woke up with a throbbing head. And stiff body. She felt serious pain on her head as she sat up with a loud groan.

Her eyes fluttered open slowly as she tries to process what happened.

She looked down at her blood stained clothes and hands and her hands subconsciously reach for her head. She winces loudly when she feels her raw flesh that's still slightly oozing blood.

She groans as she tries to get up but stops when she hears footsteps. The door opens and a maid walks in with a tray of food.

"Dear heavens. What happend to you"  the woman who looks to be in her mid thirties says.

Sollel doesn't reply her instead she stares at her lazily.

"His majesty asked me to bring you food. But you need to be taken to a clinic"

Sollel still doesn't reply her.

"Uhm. Hold on, I'll get you a first aid." The woman says leaving the room and locking the door coming back some minutes later with a wooden box.

She kneels beside Sollel and takes out a bottle and wool. Sollel doesn't protest as she knows she needs it to be treated before she bleeds to death or the wound gets infected.

After some minutes of silence, the woman is through.

"Please don't tell his Highness I patched your wound. And please eat."

She says and walks away hurriedly.

Sollel eyes the door and slowly opens the plate to reveal lasagna and salad. She shuts it and drags herself up to the small bed and falling on it.

She finally gives in and takes the food mainly because she needs food to regain her strength so she can escape, and also because her stomach growled for the fifth time since she woke up.

She slowly ate the food plotting ways to escape in her head.

I need help.

Okay maybe not but this chapter is impossible and short. I'll make up for it in the next chapter.

Also.. thoughts?

Please vote and comment. It's not an obligation but it puts a smile on my face.🤗