#27

Back at the clinic, Sollel finally woke up with a severe headache and aching body. Her body wasn't on fire anymore, rather all that remained was a dull ache.

She heard voices outside and the next second, the door swung open and Damien walked in.

"Oh my gosh Sollel you're awake! Thank the stars. I was getting so worried" Damien says pulling her close and hugging her halfway.

Sollel was perplexed. She noticed Damien's ragged breaths and his disheveled hair, it clearly shows that he has been worried. But why? Was he worried for her?

She was confused and this led to the dull pounding in her head to increase. She let out a groan and Damien patted her back.

"I'll get the nurse"

With that he left the room only to walk in seconds later with a female nurse.

She rushes to her side and checks her temperature as well as her pulse. She then hands her some pills and tells her it's for the ache and she quickly chugs it down.

After some time the nurse leaves to attend to other things while Damien stands there awkwardly.

"Are you okay. Do you feel pain anywhere?" Damien asks breaking the silence.

Sollel stares at him as if trying to figure out what his aim was.

"N-no" she says coughing trying to clear her throat.

"How-- why am I here?" She asks finally regaining her voice which was croaky from being unused for a while.

"You fainted." He says sitting on the edge of the bed while she shifts away. He look at her with a raised brow and hurt which he tried to mask.

"I don't bite you know."

"Can't you just let me go?"

"No" he says looking at her as if he could never get enough of her and of a truth he couldn't.

He wondered how he could be so attached to someone in a short period of time but who could blame him. Who wouldn't fall for her? Her beauty was unearthly, her charisma was appealing and she was a very strong woman.

She gave him a blank look when he bluntly refused to let her go.

"Why?"

"Why what?" He says snapping out of his mini trance.

"Why won't you let me go?"

"Tell me something about yourself" he says completely ignoring her question.

"Seriously?!"

"Mhm mm." He hummed "If you tell me, I might let you go"

That was a lie he knew that and so did she. But she saw no use in arguing with him because so far it hasn't borne any fruit.

"What do you want to know?" She asked not showing interest.

"Everything! Every little detail" he said a little too excited.

She gave him a weird look.

"Creepy. Hmmm. I feel you know a thing or two about me so let's hear it then I'll know where to proceed from."

He chuckled.

"True. I know you're the daughter of 'Sollel'." He said shivering at the name. "I also know you're a fighter, I know you are stubborn"

"Not true!" She says glaring while he laughs reflecting pearl white teeth and dimples.

"Well. I'll reintroduce myself since we met on a very interesting note"

He smiled while she rolled her eyes.

"I'm Sollel Rani Gayatri, princess of Tretta and a female warrior."

"I'm Damien Richardo Hudson. Prince of Alvar and warrior prince."

"How..how did you become the prince of Alvar?"

Damien smiles, glad that at least she was getting interested.

"Well, when I lost my mother, I fled with Ranel to avoid those who were after us, and after running for a while, I came across a wide range of land. Walking into it, I saw a group of people being attacked, so being elemental, and possessing certain powers, I rescued them and immediately they idolised me and made me their leader. Together we built an abode on the range of land and we all stayed together. And it's from that group that Alvar was created. That was thousands of years ago"

"Th-thoudsnds?!" Sollel asks genuinely surprised at that new piece of information. She formerly imagined that he was in his late twenties or something.

He chuckles at the look of pure shock on her face.

"Yes, Rani, thousands.."

"Can you not call me Rani?"

"I'd rather not call you Sollel. It brings back bad memories" he says with a shift in his expression

Sollel raises a brow in inquiry, signifying for him to elaborate but he doesn't seem to catch on as he keeps on staring at her. She remembers when Ranel said she'd pay back for everything her mother did to her mother, and that piece of information confused her. Now Damien just compounded that confusion by saying that her mother's name brings back bad memories.

"What do you mean by bad memories?"

"Can we go back to talking about ourselves?, I'd rather not talk about it now."

"But I want to know. What exactly happened and why on earth are you a thousand years old and still look all young and in shape"

He smirks and tries to change the topic.

"Is that your not so subtle way of calling me handsome?"

"Don't get your pants in a twist. I've seen handsome and you're not in anyway close."

"Really? Then..what exactly is your definition of handsome if not me?" He says leaning closer.

"Well for starters---"

Suddenly the door swings open interrupting Sollel.

"Your majesty! There's chaos at the palace!"

Damien immediately stands up.

"What?! Why?"

"There's an angry wolf and two others, trashing the palace looking for someone or something"

"Angry...wol..." Damien grits his teeth in anger when he realises who it is.

Sollel's face brights up with the hope that it's Kai and the others. Damien turns to her and pulls her outside along with him and towards the palace.

In a few minutes, they reach the throne room and there is chaos everywhere. An angry wolf is facing a surprisingly calm Ranel, while Ezekiel and Pubry stand aside waiting for any opening to strike.

"Kai?" Sollel calls out subconsciously and his head snaps towards her and his once red eyes, turn grey again.

He walks towards her still in his wolf form. But just as he's about to reach her, Damien stands in front of her, pushing her behind him while glaring at Kai.

"Mine." He says, earning a deep growl from Kai, causing Damien's fangs to elongate. Then they charge at each other.

Should I write a chapter in Sollels POV?

Yay

Or

Nay?