#18

Pubry patched the last wound and adjusted the drip on Ezekiel's hand before putting away the items.

Just then Sollel walked in, worry etched on her face.

"Pubry! Are you okay?, What happened?"

"Calm down Sol. I'm fine." Pubry said smiling.

"What happened" She says looking at Ezekiel and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"We fought rogues."

"What?!"

Pubry sighed deeply and explained in detail everything that Ezekiel told her.

"Again. What?!"

"It's complicated I know."

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Hopefully. But I can see a tad bit of good in this situation."

"How"

"I think I was able to draft up what seems like a cure and I'm going to test it on him" she says searching her pouch for something.

"You mean a cure for the curse?"

"Yes." She says using a syringe to extract the liquid from the tiny bottle.

She carefully turned Ezekiel's head to the side making visible a black vein.

"I saw this earlier and it caught my interest. Well let's hope this works." She says inserting the syringe into the vein and waiting for the reaction.

Ezekiel's body jerked a little and then started shaking abruptly and took the form of someone who is convulsing.

Pubry grabbed his two arms and pinned him on the bed to stop the shaking. Fear evident in her eyes as she tried to use her essence to calm him down.

"Zeke please be okay. Please" Pubry said subconsciously.

Slowly his body stopped jerking until it completely stopped and silence filled the room. Sollel was about to say something when Ezekiel groaned in pain.

"Zeke. Are you okay?" Pubry asked holding the sides of his face and shaking him slightly.

"Little elf?. You're safe. Thank goodness."

"What?. You're the one who's sick not me." Pubry said sitting back on her chair.

"What actually happened?" Ezekiel said sitting up with a groan.

"You where injected with neon"

"What! I'm not supposed to be awake by now if that's true. So think again elfie."

"I'm sure" Pubry said looking slightly confused.

"I think I know why you are awake" Sollel said looking at them.

"Why?" Ezekiel asked.

"Because you're no longer a wraith so neon won't affect you"

"Oh" "what?!" Pubry and Ezekiel said at the same time.

"Someone please explain to me how I'm no longer a wraith." Ezekiel said looking confused.

Pubry sighed and drew her chair closer to the bed and held Ezekiel's gaze.

"Where do I start. There where two sisters. Mother of rain and Mother of sun.."

*****

When Pubry finished her monologue, Ezekiel stared at her like she has grown an extra head.

"What?!" He asked having a hard time processing everything she just said.

"I know this is a lot"

"It is. So what you're saying is that you guys freed me from the curse?" He asked his orbs switching between Pubry and Sollel.

"Yes Ezekiel. And you're no longer a wraith." Sollel said smiling slightly.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"It's a good thing. First you can live longer and other terrible side effects of the curse will also disappear." Pubry said assuring him.

"Huh. So what happened at the border, I mean if I got injected with neon, what happened to you?" Ezekiel asked facing Pubry.

"Oh don't worry like I said. I'm anything but a 'little' elf." Pubry said smirking while Sollel just chuckled.

"Right. I--" just then he was interrupted by the loud rumbling of Ezekiel's stomach. His face turned crimson in embarrassment while Pubry laughed.

"Someone's hungry" she said still chuckling.

"Yeah.." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, why don't I go make something nice for everyone?"

"Yes please."

****

They were all seated around the table eating pubry's famous turkey sauce. Ezekiel was eating happily while Kai was picking his food, twirling his fork and not eating. Pubry noticed this and frowned.

"Kai. Are you okay? Don't you like the food?"

Kai shaked his head in the negative still sulking.

"I'm okay." He said and continued picking his food. Sollel looked up from her food and glanced to her right and stared at Kai for a while. She sighed and placed her hand on his thigh causing him to snap his head towards her with shock on his face.

"Come on eat up. We have a lot to face tomorrow." She said and Kai nodded and started eating.

"We do?" Ezekiel said looking at Sollel

"Do what?"

"Have a lot to face tomorrow."

"Yes. We do. The rogues will definitely want revenge, and we should be ready for any attack." Sollel said shrugging.

"Oh really. Well in that case, Pubry can I get more food?" Ezekiel said causing Pubry to laugh while Kai just shaked his head. Sollel gave a tight smile when Pubry looked in her direction, because she knew what was ahead.

Hey guys..

Please keep voting and commenting.

Thank you to all my supporters. Wouldn't have made it this far without you.