PART 24: DENSE TOMIOKA

Sanemi decided to tell Giyuu that he likes him, even though he already knew he would be rejected by Giyuu.

"Tomioka....I-"

Sanemi pauses abruptly.

"I-I"
Sanemi couldn't speak more, a red blush spreading all over his face.

He thought it would be easy, but it was a pretty hard task.
Actually, it was a very hard task.
_______________________________________

With Shinobu:

Shinobu went to the house's backyard where stood a sliding door, a way to get into the house in a short cut instead going all the way to the house's front side to get in.
That's when she saw Sanemi and Giyuu together.

The door was open and there sat the two young men.
_______________________________________

Back to Sanemi and Giyuu:

Sanemi took a deep breath. He closed his eyes.

I am a Hashira!! What the hell is wrong then? Just say it! Just say it Sanemi...
You can do it! Yes, that's right! I can do it. But what if he doesn't like me... NO!
He definitely likes me! Infact, he loves me!!! Yes... stay positive.

He exhaled as he began-

"TOMIOKA!!!"

Giyuu flinched and replied-

"Y-yes...?"

"Actually... there's this thing I wanted to tell you..."

"What is it?"
Asked Giyuu, a bit puzzled and desperate to know what he wanted to say.

Giyuu's thoughts kept bugging him.

What does Shinazugawa-San want to say? Wait... What if he breaks this friendship right here, right now? Did he just want to be friends with me because of the mission? No, no...this isn't it. If it is, I will not be able to come closer to him...No! It's definitely not like that, right? He might like me. Wait- What if he says he loves me!!!
Wh-what will I say then? Decide...Decide! But then again, what if he says something I never wished to hear? Does he hate me?

All these thoughts made Giyuu even more desperate to find out what Sanemi was going to say.

Sanemi closed his eyes, took a deep breath and said-

"It's that I lov-"

Sanemi was interrupted by Shinobu, who was standing there. They hadn't noticed.

"Ara Ara~ Tomioka-San! Are you two friends now?"

"Yes, we are." Said Giyuu.

'Yes, we are.' This sentence of Giyuu stabbed Sanemi's heart, ripping it apart.

F-Friends...
It's okay Sanemi, calm down...
Sanemi thought to himself.

"That's amazing, Tomioka-San! I would have never believed..."

Giyuu was silent.

"Tomioka-San, have you seen the hot spring? It's amazing! I could show you, let's go."

Before Giyuu replied, Shinobu held his hand, dragging him away.

Sanemi stared at Giyuu, who was going away. His expression was a bit sad. Maybe because he failed confessing.

Before Giyuu went out, he told Sanemi,
"We will talk about this tomorrow, okay?"

Unfortunately, that 'tomorrow' never came.
_______________________________________
----------Time skip to night time----------

They all had dinner together, and soon it was time to sleep.

"Good night!" Shinobu smiled at them.

"Good night..." Giyuu replied.

"Good night." Sanemi replied too.

Shinobu went to her room.

Giyuu and Sanemi also went to the room which they shared.
Both of them wouldn't really admit it, but they missed sleeping together.
Both of them didn't like the idea of sleeping separately.
But they wouldn't complain, obviously.

Giyuu forgot what Sanemi had to say before, and went straight to bed. Before he fell asleep, he wished Sanemi goodnight, to which Sanemi replied and he too, fell asleep.
_______________________________________

Shinobu's room:

Shinobu exhaled as she stared at the ceiling and whispered quietly to herself,

"Sigh... A lot of weight is lifted from my shoulders now... I feel so relieved!
There's just one last weight to be removed though..."

She paused a little,

"And that weight will be removed if I..."

"Confess to Tomioka-San..."