PART 41: THE COMFORT I FIND IN YOU

(Includes Sanemi Angst!!! Also, Some spoilers maybe...)

It was getting dark. The sunset had come to its end.

Giyuu found himself sleeping in his room, and decided to get up.

Where are the others...?
Giyuu shook his head and walked out of the room.

He went inside the bathroom and splashed some water on his face. As he stared at his reflection on the mirror, he thought about Mitsuri.

Can I really trust her? Does she know that I love Shinazugawa-San? What if she already knew about this? What if she tells everyone once we get back?

Giyuu shook his head and decided to not think about it.

"Sigh... Everything should be fine, I am worrying too much."

Giyuu opened the door and walked out.

He walked pass Mitsuri's room and heard noises coming from the inside.

"KYAAA! this is so exciting! I really can't wait for it! Once I get back, I will tell Iguro-San all about this mission!!!"

She really likes him, doesn't she?
Giyuu smiled and walked up to Sanemi's room.

He knocked on Sanemi's door. Sanemi didn't reply. He continued to knock on the door. Without any reply, he finally decided to open it.

Sanemi was still sleeping.

In the back of Sanemi's mind, he heard a voice, very familiar. He knew he had heard that voice before. The voice of his own brother, Genya.

'You murderer! Why did you kill her?
She was our mother!'

Sanemi was dreaming of the unhappy times in his past. He pictured Genya crying in front of him and his mother, who was not breathing anymore. He had killed her.

"Mo-ther..."
Sanemi mumbled in his sleep.

Misery, sorrow, loss and pain, that too, at a very young age. All these feelings mixed up and crawled onto Sanemi's head. Tears formed and rolled down his cheeks.

As Giyuu walked in, he heard Sanemi weeping.

Giyuu immediately walked up to Sanemi. He looked at Sanemi who was shedding tears.

Is he... Crying?

Giyuu put his hand on Sanemi's forehead and gently patted him.

Huh, who is that? Mother... is that you?
Sanemi thought.

Sanemi slowly opened his eyes. He could see a blurry image of Giyuu.

"G-Giyuu?"
Sanemi let out a shaky breath.

"Sanemi... Is everything okay?"
Giyuu asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah..."
Sanemi sniffed, wiping his tears. He got up.

"Was it a bad dream?"
Asked Giyuu.

"You could say that..."
Replied Sanemi.

"What happened? You can tell me, you know?"
Giyuu asked Sanemi.

Sanemi's eyes opened wide as he remembered what he was dreaming about.

His family, his past, his...misery.

He remembered the unhappy, far off things which came back to haunt him.

"I-I..."
Sanemi stuttered. Tears formed in his eyes. He hugged Giyuu tightly, squeezing him.

Giyuu's eyes open wide.