PART 36: ARE YOU OKAY?

(includes Shinobu and Mitsuri's bestie relationship)

Shinobu's smile dropped. She looked at her feet, trying to hide her face from Mitsuri.

Mitsuri noticed something was wrong with the purple-haired Hashira and gave her a look of concern.

"Kocho-San, are you okay? You don't seem so good."
Mitsuri asked in a concerned tone.

"I'm fine..."
Shinobu managed to say shakily. She sounded like she was about to burst into tears.

Her heart would shatter into thousands of pieces whenever she had flashbacks of whatever happened between Giyuu and Sanemi.

Mitsuri wondered why the Insect Hashira was acting this way, for it was obviously unlike her.

"Kocho-Sa-"

Mitsuri stopped abruptly as she saw a drop of water fall, one after another.

It was Shinobu's tears. She was crying.

"KOCHO-SAN! WHAT'S WRONG!? I-IS EVERYTHING OKAY?"
Mitsuri asked, yelling as she held the shorter Hashira's shoulders, shaking her violently.

Shinobu tried her best to put on a smile.

"I-Is something bothering you,
Kocho-San?"

Shinobu couldn't look up at Mitsuri with her teary eyes and kept looking at her feet. She nodded a little 'no'.

Shinobu tried to hold her tears in, giving her all and managed to look up at the Love Hashira, who was very worried.

"I-I am f-fine!"
Shinobu stuttered, trying her best not to cry all over again.

But, the pain in her heart was clear.

"Stop lying! Just think once.
W-Who are you lying to? To me,
or to... yourself?"
Said Mitsuri.

Shinobu's eyes widen.

"S-Stop faking your... Smile!"
Mitsuri said as she sounded like she was about to tear up too. She added,

"Tell me, what's going on?
Are you okay?"

'Are you okay?' These words echoed in Shinobu's mind. She couldn't hold it for long. She clenched her fists and hugged the taller Hashira tightly. She released all her emotions at once and sobbed.

It hurts to think about Tomioka-San and Shinazugawa-San together. Tomioka-San liked me, right? How could he possibly like
Shinazugawa-San? Shinazugawa-San is a human embodiment of a demon!
Tomioka-San's too good for him.
Shinobu thought.

"W-What's the... Matter?"
Asked Mitsuri, unable to witness her friend crying.

As Mitsuri looked at her friend breakdown, she felt tears form in her eyes. She couldn't help it.

"Hey... Stop crying! You're making me cry too!"
Mitsuri blurted out, as she closed her eyes and hugged her back.

"There's... There's a lot of things I need to tell you!" Said Shinobu.

"Tell me, I'm here to listen..."
Mitsuri responded.

They both let go of each other and sit down, facing each other.

Shinobu looked nervous, Mitsuri did too.

"About Tomioka-San... I may have some information..."
Shinobu said in a hesitating way.

Shinobu spends almost an hour, explaining Mitsuri what she saw. She decided to not utter a single word about her liking Giyuu.

Mitsuri's eyes widen after what she just heard from her.

"U-Umm is it true? Tomioka-San and Shinazugawa-San like e-each other?"
Mitsuri asked with a shocked face.

"I'm not sure... I am just t-telling you what I saw."

"Hmm... I see. I'll have to make sure it is true."
Mitsuri replied, looking up at the ceiling and thinking what she would do quietly.

They both share a moment of silence.

Shinobu kept recalling whatever Mitsuri said and thought once again.

Am I lying to myself? Am I okay?
These little thoughts kept bothering her.

She heard Mitsuri's faint voice in her mind that said,

Are you okay?
_______________________________________

Author:

Hi!!! I know it's been a long time since I last published a part😅. So... have this! It's a short chapter but it captures the strong friendship between Shinobu and Mitsuri.

Also, my phone will be taken away again till my exams are over. See you soon guys!

I love you🤗💖

🍩