PART 26: WE'RE BACK

It was morning time, the sun tortured Sanemi face and it felt like he was burning.

He slowly opened his eyes to find Giyuu resting on his shoulder. His soft black hair tickled Sanemi's cheek.
It felt fluffy.

The train had stopped and Sanemi was the only one who woke up in the trio. He shook Giyuu, murmuring softly to wake up because he was still sleepy and didn't want to shout. He woke up Shinobu too.

They all hurried and left the train because they were the last ones left there and everyone else got off already.

"Phew... We're back!" Shinobu smiled.

"Sigh! We made it..."
Said Sanemi as he looked back to find a sleepy Giyuu follow them slowly.

"We're finally back... I'm so tired!" Giyuu said rubbing his eyes.

"Feels like I'm home! I missed everyone so much.."
Shinobu said as she started walking.

The Wind Hashira and the Water Hashira followed the short Insect Hashira.

They went to the Demon Slayer Headquarters where they saw the other Hashiras walking away after what it seemed like a meeting.

Mitsuri stopped as she saw Sanemi, Giyuu and Shinobu standing there.

She grinned from ear to ear as she blushed a shade of pink.

"KYAAAA!!! THEY'RE BACK!"

She squealed and rejoiced catching the other Hashira's attention. They crowded the three Hashiras and asked them questions, which didn't seem to stop.

Mitsuri shouted out:
"You defeated the Uppermoon 2! My crow told me! Oyakata-sama was just talking about your victory in the meeting today! Tell me, What did you do? What happened? How did you defeat the demon? Please, Tell me everything!!!"

Mitsuri stopped to take a breath. As Iguro stared at her and then began-

"Uppermoon 2... That's a very powerful demon indeed! But tell me, if you were able to defeat the Uppermoon 2, how come you were not able to defeat Uppermoon 3? Doesn't it sound weird?"

Tengen thought it was a weird question so he slid his comment in,

"That... WAS FLAMBOYANT, YOU THREE!!! You defeated such a high ranked demon, that isn't a joke! We're getting closer and closer to our goal and it's... FLASHY!"

"I AGREE WITH YOU, BUDDY! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!"
Kyojuro added, in his normal tone.

They are so loud! Even in the morning...What the hell!?
Sanemi thought and then said,

"That wasn't easy obviously... But atleast we made it!"

"Who were these guys again?" Muichiro asked as he was lost in his own world.

"Oh... That's right congratulations!
Wait... Why am I congratulating them again?" He added.

"I am so very happy you all are okay!
Thank lord Buddha... What a pitiful sight it must have been... God bless all of you."

Gyomei said, as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Thank you... I shall take your leave now."
Giyuu said as he walked away.

"But you didn't answer my question!" Mitsuri said looking a little sad.

Sanemi looked at Giyuu, who was walking away, alone. Thinking of it as a great opportunity to confess, he ran after him. He had gathered up all his feelings, he knew it was now or never. He knew he had to seize the moment. Nothing could stop him this time... He really had the spirit to do it.
All he could think of was one thing at this point: Giyuu. And he didn't let this feeling go away this time. He ran, he ran to chase after his dreams, his dreams of loving Giyuu and staying by his side. He took a deep breath as he shouted out,

"OI!!! GIYUU!"
He shouted from a distance.

Giyuu stopped walking as he heard a voice from behind, he knew it was Sanemi, but it felt different. Sanemi would always sound angry whenever he called Giyuu but this time, he didn't. Also, he had called him 'Giyuu',
instead of that same old 'Tomioka'.
Giyuu slowly turned around to look at Sanemi who was right in front of him now. A deep red blush caressed Sanemi's cheek. A similar blush spread around Giyuu's face too. A soft breeze blew, moving both the Hashiras' hair.

Giyuu stared at Sanemi with a straight face, he stared at him till Sanemi would say something.

"W-Why are you staring?"
Asked Sanemi.

"You called me Giyuu..."
Giyuu said as he blushed more.

"Well, yes! I did... You got any problem with that?" Sanemi snapped.

"N-no.. it's okay, you can call me Giyuu."
Giyuu said as he looked at his own feet, feeling embarrassed to look at Sanemi.

He thought avoiding eye contact was the best.

Sanemi turned around to check if the Hashiras were staring at them, but they weren't.
_______________________________________

Mitsuri got all her questions answered by Shinobu who was still there. Mitsuri then embraced Shinobu into a tight hug.

"We all missed you guys!"
She said as she sounded like she was tearing up.

Though it was not really an emotional thing, looking at a sad Mitsuri made Shinobu sad too. Shinobu hugged her back as she whispered,

"I missed you all too!"

Tengen hugged the two girls. Looking at the trio hug, Rengoku joined them too. Iguro clicked his tongue and joined the hug, rolling his different coloured eyes. Even though he forgot who these people were again, Muichiro still joined the hug as all of them looked happy. Finally Gyomei hugged all of them finishing the cute Hashira hug. Though Sanemi and Giyuu weren't there, they still felt occupied by a warm fuzzy feeling. The feeling that felt like a family.
_______________________________________

Sanemi turned back at Giyuu. He grabbed the shorter Hashira's hand dragging him.

"Wh-Where are we going Shinazugawa-San?"

Giyuu asked curiously, a little puzzled.

"Somewhere where we're alone..."
Sanemi replied.

The two Hashiras were far away from the others.
_______________________________________

AYOOO! This chapter is pretty long and interesting... The next chapter is definitely gonna be more. More drama, more fun afterall!

I wonder if you liked it, cuz I wanna know if staying up all night just to write a Wattpad story is worth it...
Anyways, the word count is: 1023!

Byee! See ya!^_^