Coworkers

A/N: Thanks for the request @koalaxcry !!

~

'Congrats, Greenie. You're a Builder.'

That was what Alby said to you three months ago. At that point you were happy. You were pretty good at building, but now you didn't really enjoy it. The reason was Gally. He always pointed the smallest mistakes out and thought he was better than any Glader.

'Shuck!' You shouted when you accidentally hit your finger with the hammer you were working with. You bit your lip and looked at your finger. A small amount of blood flowed out, but it didn't seem very bad.

'That doesn't look good.' Gally commented.

'It's just a little blood.' You shrugged and kept working, but Gally didn't take his eyes off you.

'I'll bring you to the Med-Jacks.'

'That won't be-.'

You got interrupted by Gally grabbing your arm and roughly pulling you with him. 'Gally, let go!' You resisted and tried to pull back, but Gally's grip was tight. With a few more struggles and curses, you ended up in the Med Hut.

'She hurt her finger.' Gally motioned at a chair for you to sit down as he explained to the Med-Jacks what happened.

'I could've told them myself too.' You snapped at Gally. Gally sighed and looked at Clint, who already started treating your wound.

After a while, your cut was all treated and covered with a band-aid. Gally took you with him again.

~

A few weeks later, Gally had gotten nicer to you. He turned a little more helpful too.

'Y/n?' He walked over to you. 'I need your help.'

'Why? Can't do it yourself?' You grinned, obviously joking.

Gally chuckled lightly. 'You just need to hold somethin' while I hammer it onto the Homestead.'

'Sure.' You put your stuff down and followed Gally to the Homestead.

'Right here.' Gally handed you a big piece of wood. 'Not too heavy for you?' He joked.

You smiled and held the piece of wood onto the wall. 'I'm starting to enjoy working with you more, Gally.' You blurted out.

'Really?' Gally raised his eyebrows. 'Me too.'

'What?' You laughed. 'You enjoy working with yourself too?' You joked.

Gally's cheeks turned red. 'That's not what I meant- I-.'

'I was just joking, Gally.' You quickly said. Gally's gaze softened.

'You're getting quite good at building.' He pointed out. 'Not as good as me of course, but still...'

'Always finds himself better.' You replied with a smile. 'But thank you.'

~

'Hey, y/n.' Gally walked over to you. A warm feeling started to form in your stomach, though you didn't get why. 'What's up?'

'Just doing these last things.' You replied. 'What about you?'

'I finished my work. Just getting ya for dinner.' Gally leaned against the wall.

'Alright.' You chuckled and kept working. A small breeze made your hair messy and you had to put it behind your ear. Gally kept looking at you. 'Is there somethin' on my face?' You carefully asked.

'What?' Gally straightened his back and blinked a few times. 'No, no... of course not. There's nothing wrong with your face. Nothing at all. Absolutely not.' He muttered. 'It's fine.'

Surprised and confused by his reaction you finished working. 'Let's go.'

Together you got some food and joined Minho. 'There they are. The lovebirds.' Minho grinned.

'Excuse you? We're not lovebirds.' You rolled your eyes and sat down. 'Where did that come from?'

'Do I have to remind you of the fact that y'all flirt with each other all the time?' Minho added.

'Us? Flirting? No.' You stammered. Minho chuckled.

Accidentally you touched Gally's hand while picking up some food. A shot of electricity made your cheeks lighten up. Gally made eye contact with you for a few seconds, but then you couldn't last anymore, so you looked down. Your face had turned bright red.

~

'Gally!' You laughed. 'Stop!'
You had joked about Gally and as revenge, he started tickling you. 'It's- not- funny!' You gasped for air.

'Then why are you laughing?' Gally grinned, as he pulled you up from the ground.

'It sounded more like a dying pig.' You corrected.

'I can assure you that a dying pig does not sound like that. Ask Winston.' Gally sternly replied.

You chuckled. 'I rather never go in the Blood House again.' You shivered. 'Ew.'

'Good thing you are a Builder with me then.' Gally commented.

'Yeah.' You mumbled. 'Good.'

You found yourself drooling over Gally the past few days. Every slightest touch of him made your body tingle, everything he said about you made you flutter, and you loved working with him. You liked him a lot. You were in love with him.

~

You and Gally just finished working and sat down for a bit.

'Y/n.' Gally said, taking your hand in his. Immediately a small tingle made you blush. 'I need to tell you something.'

'I like you.' Gally said, looking into your eyes. 'I like you more than anything in this world.'

You felt a sense of happiness wash over you. You had known that you had feelings for Gally, but you had never thought that he would feel the same way.

'Gally.' You carefully started. 'How do I know that you're serious?'

Gally smiled playfully and pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. 'I wrote you a love letter.' He said, handing the paper to you.

'What?' You laughed. 'You, Gally, the Keeper of the Builders, wrote a love letter?'

Gally smiled. 'Just read it.'

You looked at the paper and started to read. 'Dear Y/n, I love you more than a Griever loves a maze. I love you more than a Slicer loves a knife. I love you more than a Glader loves a good night's sleep.'

You burst out laughing. 'You wrote this?'

'With Minho's help.' Gally blushed.

'Is it true?' You turned serious again, Gally did too.

'Yes. I like you a lot, y/n.' Gally squeezed your hand.

'I like you too. A lot.' You leaned in and kissed Gally.