Period

Trigger Warnings - A hysterical Chuck, a clueless and frowning Newt, and a mean hoe.

~

You woke up with a cramp in your lower stomach, which immediately made you realize you were on your period.

You had been in the Glade for a month or so and knew everybody very well. Everyone was great friends with you except for one. Newt. Y'all were great friends too, but you wished you two were more than that. You were in love with Newt.

After realizing you were on your period, you quickly got out of bed. You didn't even know if the Gladers had any pads or tampons for you to use, but probably not. They're all boys, so why would they have that? You thought.

Then something came to your mind. You would've sworn you saw a small box with Y/n on it in the Box. Wondering where it was, you rushed over to the Med Hut. Not many people were awake yet but luckily the Med-Jacks were.

"Hey, Y/n. You okay? You're a little pale," Jeff commented, frowning at you.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You forced a fake smile on your face. "Is there a small box with my name on it?"

"I saw it, yes. I think it's over there." Clint motioned at a corner of the hut. You rushed over to it and started searching through the drawers until finally, you found the small, black box. Relieved you wiped some sweat off your forehead just to get another cramp. Your face darkened as you grabbed as many pads and tampons as you could, stuffing them into your pockets.

"Thanks, guys." You smiled at the Med-Jacks and rushed out of the Med Hut, leaving the two guys with confused expressions on their faces.

Not feeling like seeing someone before you got in the bathroom, which was in the Deadheads, you started running. But of course, you were clumsy and dropped some of the pads and tampons. Irritated you ignored it and kept running since you rather not have a red stain on your shorts.

~

Finally, you used a tampon and as casually as possible, walked back to the others. But then your face dropped.

Newt, Minho, and Chuck were all standing in a circle, staring at something that looked exactly like a tampon. With a face as bright as a tomato you tried to walk past them, but Newt interrupted you.

"Hey, Y/n! Look at this. Do you know what it is?" He motioned at the tampon in his hands. Immediately you felt the butterflies in your stomach form when you heard his amazing accent.

"Uhm." Carefully you walked over to them.

"What is it?" Chuck was impatient and gave you a hopeful look. "Do you know what it is?"

"Well, uhm, yes I know what it is," you stammered, not feeling like explaining a period to Newt, your crush, and your friends.

"What is it then?" Chuck anxiously tapped with his foot.

"It's a tampon." You bit your lip.

"A little more context, please?" Minho raised his eyebrows at you.

"Alright," you sighed lightly.
Your cheeks turned red when you explained what happened and you hoped you didn't sound too weird or maybe even formal.

"What!" Chuck screamed out, throwing his hands in the air. "I am not ready to be a dad yet! But I haven't started my period! What does that mean? Oh my- I'm gonna dieeee!" He screamed through the Glade.

You chuckled lightly. "It only happens to women, Chuck. You have nothin' to worry 'bout." You smiled at his reaction.

Newt deeply furrowed his eyebrows and looked at you. His whole facial expression was confused.
"Well, that's-." He started.

"Y/n, you still haven't told what these are for," Minho grinned and motioned at the tampon, which was still in Newt's large hand.

"God, Minho. You're an idiot," you sighed. "It's to stop the bleeding."

Newt's eyes turned wide and he held the tampon in front of his face. "No- what?" He stammered.

"Is there something so hard to understand about that?" You were getting annoyed by them.

"This goes in your...?" Newt gasped.

You snatched the tampon out of his hands and wanted to walk away, but Newt grabbed your arm. Electricity shot through your body as his touch.

"What do I do to help?" Newt asked, looking at you with his beautiful brown eyes.

"Uhh... I don't-." You got interrupted by a bad cramp in your stomach. You groaned and bend down a bit.

"Woah." Newt's expression turned worried. "Alright, that's it. I'm bringing you to the Med Hut, love."

A shiver went down your spine when he called you love. Slowly you nodded and let Newt grab your hand and lead you to the Med Hut.

Without any context, he ordered the Med-Jacks to get a bed ready for you. The two boys did as they were told and Newt didn't leave your side for a second. You slipped out of your shoes and lay down in a bed once it was ready.

"Are you seriously going to keep watching me?" You glanced at Newt, who sat on a chair right in front of your bed, watching every move you made.

"Yes," Newt replied without any hesitation, full of confidence. He was sure about his case.

"If you're gonna stay then you better get comfortable yourself too. I mean, the bed is big enough for two." You blurted out, surprised by the sudden move you made.

Newt's face lit up and he lay down next to you. You smiled lightly.
Out of a sudden, Newt wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him, burying his face in your hair. You closed your eyes at the comfort and eventually fell asleep.