Stung

A/N: Thanks for the request Agentivyy  !!

~

A stinging pain in your side almost made you fall onto the ground. The Griever that had been chasing you, stung you. A heartbreaking scream of yours echoed through the tall, grey maze walls.

With your side burning like hell, you managed to stumble over to the Glade. You knew what would happen if the others found out you were stung. You would get banished. There was no other choice.

Of course, no one wanted to get banished. You didn't want that either, so you decided to keep it a secret you were stung for as long as possible. Though, the fact that your head already started to burn made it hard for you.

While looking at the floor, you managed to get some food, made by Frypan. After you sat down and tried to greet Minho, your boyfriend, as casually as possible, the burning in your head got worse. It felt like someone was squeezing your skull.
You squeezed your eyes shut at the pain and tried not to make any noise.

"Are you okay?" Minho lay and hand on your thigh like he usually did. Normally you would've felt fluttered, but at that point you were anything but that.

"Yes," You groaned, forcing yourself to open your eyes and start eating.

The food tasted so bad, it almost made you throw up. It wasn't because of Frypan of course. It was only because you were stung.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Minho asked again, looking at you worried.

'I said I was fine," You snapped. It came out a lot angrier than you wanted it to be. Minho glanced at you but didn't say anything else.

Your heart started beating faster by the minute and eventually, it felt like it was exploding in your chest. The pain and aching in your body were so bad. It felt like you couldn't take it anymore.

Roughly you got up to your seat and rushed over to your hut, not saying anything to the confused Minho, who was left behind.

You closed the door behind you and broke down on your bed. You gripped your hair and felt like ripping it out. A small yelp escaped from your mouth.

"Y/n? Are you feeling okay?" You recognized Minho's voice from outside. Your head was burning too much to answer.
"Y/n?" Minho repeated. "I'm coming in."

"Don't," you managed to get out, but it was so quiet there was no way Minho heard it.

As Minho told you he would, the door opened and he walked into your hut. "Wow," He gasped when he saw you sitting on your bed, pulling your hair and squeezing your eyes shut.
"Tell me what's going on. Are you on your period again?"

"No- you idiot," you winced. "Leave."

"I'm not leaving." Minho sat down on your bed.

"Don't come- near me."
You tried to push Minho away.

"What happened, Y/n?" Minho inspected your face. He noticed some of your veins started to show more and turn darker. Then his face dropped and he gasped quietly.
"Where did the Griever sting you?" Minho tried to keep his voice in control, but it still cracked.

"It didn't-."

"Don't lie," Minho sternly interrupted.

"My side," you groaned.

Minho didn't reply for a few seconds. "I need to tell Alby. I'm so sorry, y/n. But I can't lie to him. I promise I'll do anything to help you out."

~

Not even a day later it was decided. You had to get banished. Minho had defended you, but it made no sense. You were a danger to the others.

Minho had tears in his eyes when he helped you out of the Pit. You had never seen him cry before and didn't expect him to.

"It's okay," you muttered as Minho grabbed both of your hands and started walking towards the Doors.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n."
Minho's voice cracked again.
"I'm so sorry. Remember that I love you. I always will," he quietly said.

Your head was still burning and voices in your mind were saying awful things like you shouldn't trust any of the Gladers. With the last energy you had, you managed to say something back.

"I love you too, Minho. Goodbye."

~

A/N: I'm so sorry this is short/rushed.