Avoidance

A/N:

There is a small part of the book in this one-shot. I mostly got by the movies but in the books, there is a job called 'Mapmakers.' Y/n is a Mapmaker in this one!

Thank you for the request/credits to ssylviiaaaa ❤️

~

Minho's POV

The first thing I saw at breakfast was the person who always caught my eye. The person who always made me flutter. Y/n. Since the moment she came up in the Box, which was about a year ago, I realized something about her was different. Of course, 'she's a girl', but there's more. She's not as dumb as the others, maybe even smarter than Teresa, always laughs, very kind but could be sassy... basically perfect.

The problem was, I couldn't even come close to her or I would literally get weak. I couldn't let that happen. I was the sarcastic, sassy Minho, not a boy that drools over a girl every time he sees her.

Eventually, I joined Newt and Thomas for breakfast. I hoped so badly Y/n wouldn't join us. She was great friends with Newt, so there was a chance she did join.

"Morning, guys." Y/n walked past us, smiling deeply. Then she continued walking over to the Med-Jacks. Almost I let out a relieved sigh.

"What section today, Minho?" Thomas asked out of a sudden.

"Section three." I simply replied. Thomas should've known that by now, but appeared he didn't.

I carefully watched, without anyone seeing it, Y/n talking with the Med-Jacks. She laughed at something, revealing her perfect teeth. And god, her smile was so beautif-

"Ready to go Minho?" Thomas got up and looked at me.

"Mhm. Totally."

~

Nothing special happened during running. We didn't see a Griever and of course, not a way out of the hellhole. Immediately we ran towards the Map Room, which for me maybe was the most anxious part of the day. Y/n was a Mapmaker, so the chance she would be in the Map Room was big. Sometimes she already left for dinner so then I was lucky, but sometimes she was still there. Of course, Thomas always had to make a big talk with her if she was still there. Something that annoyed me a lot.

"Minho, come on!" Thomas yelled from a few feet in front of me. "Don't waste time, we're gonna miss dinner."

I sighed and followed Thomas into the Deadheads, towards the Map Room. With my fingers crossed, I opened the door. Great, Y/n stood in the Map Room. She bent over the table, her y/h/c hair hung in front of her face. Always so beautiful.

"Hey, guys." Y/n looked up and inspected our bodies, which were most likely sweaty. "What's up?"

"Just finished running." Thomas sighed and walked over to Y/n. I stood there a bit awkwardly. There was no way I would go stand next to Y/n.

"Found anything?" Y/n looked at me instead of Thomas. Her y/e/c eyes lit up by the sun, making me even more breathless.

"No." Thomas luckily answered. In my mind, I blessed him for doing that. "Nothing. What about you?"

"I think I might've found a pattern," Y/n replied as she moved a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Look at this." She motioned at the papers in front of her.

Thomas looked at the papers while I still stood far away from them. "Minho, come on. What is going on with you?" Thomas asked, motioning for me to walk over to them.