"King of my heart"

A/N: Again credits for this idea to the amazing ssylviiaaaa
Thank you ❤️

~

Thomas and I had been dating for about three months and it couldn't get any better. He always cared about me, comforted me whenever I needed it, stood up for me if a Glader was rude, and more things like that. It was perfect and I was literally over the top of Thomas. He wasn't only kind and caring, but handsome as well.

Today was Greenie Day. Excited I woke up early and hoped it would be a girl. After all, being the only girl was quite boring and, to be honest, I sometimes even felt lonely. I could talk to Thomas and Minho about everything, but they weren't girls. Sometimes I told them things they didn't even understand!

"You're up early." Thomas, who lay next to me by the way, groaned.

"It's Greenie day, slinthead! Wake up!" I shook his shoulders lightly before jumping out of my bed. Thomas let out some more grunts and rubbed his sleepy eyes. Just like every morning, his hair was messy. I found it the best thing ever, it looked amazing.

~

Finally, we stood around the Box. Just then I remember I was the one who was supposed to give the tour, so if it was a girl it would be even better. We could gossip about everything and laugh all the time.

The familiar alarm went off and Alby helped Gally to open the Box. I peaked over the corner, but couldn't catch a glimpse of who sat in the Box.

"And?"

"Did they klunk their pants?"

"Is it a girl?"

"Is she hot?"

"Quiet!" Alby shouted. "Gally, what do you see?" He lowered his voice again.

"Unless it's a girl with short hair, I assume it's a boy," Gally replied from in the Box. "Now come on. We don't have all day. Let's get you out."

My face darkened. It was not a girl. Again. I still had no one to talk to. I watched as Gally pulled a blonde boy out of the Box. The poor boy landed on the ground, but quickly crawled onto his feet. His height surprised me. He was a few inches taller than Thomas for sure. Even though the boy had a baby face, I also knew he must've been older than Thomas.

Frightened the boy looked around him. His eyes were watery. After he saw his surroundings and all the Gladers walked away, I walked over to the boy.

"Hey." I tried to be as nice as possible. "You're alright."

The boy inspected my body and features before clearing his throat. "What is this bloody place?" The boy asked.

I realized he had a thick accent. He was British. "Welcome to the Glade." I sighed. "Do you remember anything? Your name?"

"Newt."

~

Turned out that this Newt kid was a lot more fun than I expected him to be. He was quite sarcastic and could make funny comments. Of course, he wasn't better than my boyfriend Thomas or the girl I hoped for, but it was alright. I was glad it wasn't another douchebag like Gally.