Jump

A/N:

TW ⚠️ - (Mentions of) suicide. Please if you struggle with this, talk to someone. My messages are always open and you can talk to me about everything. I'm not trying to romanticize this.
Take care, everyone

This is basically Newt's story with his limp but then it's Y/n instead of Newt and Thomas is the one who saves her.

Thank you for the request ssylviiaaaa ❤️

~

You had been in the Glade for at least a year. Every day Newt had to drag you out of bed, literally. You just had no energy to get out and do something. You found everything horrible and boring. All you did was run every day, trying to find a way out, but the thing is, there was no way out of the maze. You would grow old in the hellhole together with slintheads like Gally. The only person who caught your eye was the new Greenie, Thomas. Something about his was different. He was interested in everything you said and seemed like a nice kid.

At some point, you couldn't take it anymore. None of the Gladers were really trying to cheer you up and you weren't good friends with anyone. Of course, there were some nice people, but none seemed to be interested in being friends with you.

For the first time in months, you got up early, actually ready for the day. You had decided it would be better if you weren't alive anymore. No one would be bothered, you thought you had an awful life, and you were locked up. There was nothing that could stop you.

Quickly you wrote a small goodbye note to Minho and Newt, who were the only ones you liked a little bit. Then you ran into the maze, planning to never get out again.

With tears streaming down your face, you started climbing the tallest wall you could find. Finally, you would be able to leave everything behind you. Once you stood on top of the tall wall, you looked down. A small breeze made you shiver. You closed your eyes for a few seconds and breathed in. Then you jumped.

~

Thomas' POV

I ran through the maze on my own, when suddenly a heartbreaking scream echoed through the tall walls. It was a girl, Y/n. The only girl in the Glade. The girl I admired. She seemed different than the others. Less stupid.

With my eyebrows furrowed, I followed the scream, which was followed by some cries. Then my heart broke into pieces and my stomach dropped. For a second I stood there, in shock.
Y/n was lying on the floor, her leg in a position it should not be. Tears streamed down her face and another scream of hers pierced my ears. She squeezed her eyes shut and started sobbing.

Then I shook out of my trance. As fast as possible, I ran over to the poor girl and carefully lifted her up, trying not to touch her leg. She let out a yelp when I started running. I had to make it before the doors would close. We were far into the maze, so it was a long way to go, and I wasn't as fast when I had to carry someone.

My legs hurt like hell and sweat dripped down my whole body, but I didn't stop. I had to save
Y/n. When finally, after a long time, I saw the Glade, the Doors were already closing. Multiple boys stood in front of it, shouting for me and Y/n until Newt noticed something was wrong. I heard him yell for the Med-Jacks.

With the last energy I had, I ran through the Doors just before they closed. Gentle, but quick, I lay Y/n down on the floor. Minho bent down and looked at Y/n, then his eyes caught her leg. He gasped and yelled for the Med-Jacks, just like Newt had done. By the time Newt had bent down too.