Secret

A/N:
This is not the best but I hope you enjoy. Thanks/credits for the request thedumboneof3 ❤️

~

You and Newt had been secretly dating for a few weeks now. It might sound weird, but y'all had your reasons. First, Minho would've teased you about it, Alby would probably not accept you dating, and you would have no privacy. You decided it would be better to not tell them for a while, maybe later.

"Hey, love," Newt walked into your hut just before you fell asleep.

"Hey." You patted on the spot next to you. "What's up?"

"Just checkin'," Newt replied with a smile as he lay down next to you.

For a few seconds, you two were silent. Newt grabbed your waist and pulled you closer to him. You could feel his heartbeats and closed your eyes at the comfort.

"Do you think we should tell the others about us someday?" Newt whispered.

"Maybe," you whispered back. You had been thinking about telling the others too lately. It was kind of hard to hide things from the others and it made you feel a bit guilty.

"When?" Newt lowered his voice even more.

"In a week." You decided.

~

At breakfast you joined the two Med-Jacks, basically the best friends you had in the Glade, plus Minho and Thomas. Chuck was a great friend of yours too.

"Morning, Y/n," Jeff greeted.

You smiled at them and started eating. Slowly your eyes were drawn to your boyfriend. You two also decided that it would be better to not sit next to each other every meal. It would get suspicious. Newt's blonde hair lit up by the sun and his eyes looked prettier than ever. He revealed his smile, which you thought was cuter than anything in the world. Slowly a smile started to form on your face too.

"Starting at Newt, huh Y/n?" Clint grinned. Immediately you shook out of your trance and blinked a few times.

"What? No, nooo, I would never stare at Newt. Way too ugly for that. Never." You stammered. Clint chuckled and Jeff raised his eyebrows. "Never in my life." You added.

After a while, you all finished eating. "Let's go to the Med Hut."

~

At dinner you decided to join Newt, Minho, and Thomas, but after all that didn't seem like a very good idea. You sat down next to Newt.

"Hey, love." Newt smiled.

"I'm not your love," you snapped before winking at Newt. It was kind of fun to trick the others, though.

"Anyone got anythin' special to say?" Minho questioned before turning to you. "What happened in the Med Hut? Anyone got stung?"

"No, just a few Slicers and Builders," you explained.
Suddenly you felt a hand on your thigh and your cheeks turned bright red. "Gally was there." You stammered, trying to keep your voice in control.