Cooking Contest - Frypan

Thank you
ssylviiaaaa
And
m25_bookworm
For the ideas!! ❤️❤️

~

Frypan and I were both Cooks. We had a great time in the Glade, it was especially my job and coworkers I liked. First of all, being a Cook was relaxing. I only had to work three times a day and I was quite good at cooking, so I had nothing to worry about. Until one day, Minho brought up the idea to do a cooking contest. At first, I resisted, I couldn't beat the one and only Frypan's cooking skills.

"Alright." Minho stood in front of us. Frypan and I stood in the middle of the kitchen. "This is how it's gonna go. You two are gonna cook three meals. A starter, a main course, and a dessert. Thomas, Newt, and I will be tasting the best ones." He explained. "Start with the starter! We'll see you in about an hour or less."

"Well, here we go." I sighed, grabbing some stuff out of the kitchen. "You know you will win, right Fry?"

"Who knows? Maybe you win or I will make my food bad on purpose, so you win." Frypan chuckled.

"You're not going to do that, Fry! Don't you dare." I smiled and started cooking.

"Don't take this too seriously, Y/n. It's just for fun." Frypan replied, grabbing his own stuff too.

~

"Alright. What do we have here?" Minho looked at the two plates in front of his face.

"I made bacon and cheese croquettes and Frypan made spring rolls," I explained.

"Aha. Okay, we'll start with Y/n's." Minho grabbed my plate of food and took one of the croquettes. Newt and Thomas followed his example.

"Tastes good," Newt commented.

"I like it," Thomas added.

Minho agreed to them and started eating one of Frypan's spring rolls. "This one is good as well."

~

"What if we put salt in the food?" Frypan asked me while cooking.

"Already did that." I simply replied.

"No, but I mean a lot of salt. So they vomit it out." Frypan chuckled.

I raised my eyebrows. Frypan never said things like that. "Alright. Let's do it."

~

"This is some steak and this is spaghetti," Frypan explained. He gave me a quick glance before turning to Minho again. The Runner grabbed a fork and put a piece of steak on it. Slowly he brought it to his mouth. Frypan and I looked at him, hopeful.

Once the steak was in Minho's mouth, his face darkened. He squeezed his eyes shut, but kept chewing. "Newt... you try it." He managed to say. The blonde boy obeyed and took a bite. His eyes opened wide and he started making weird faces. Thomas was next. He also took a bite and chewed for a few seconds, but then spit it out on the table.

"Uhm, yeah. Tastes nice." Thomas managed to say.

"Maybe add a little less salt next time, but it tastes quite good." Newt lied. Frypan and I chuckled.

"Liars!" Minho yelled out. "Sorry, Fry and Y/n, but this tastes like a Griever's poop. Did y'all put a whole basket of salt in this or what? Ew. It's disgusting. Next!"

Well, at least he was honest.

I gave them the plate with spaghetti.

"I swear if this has salt in it too." Minho sighed and took a bite. He managed to keep his face straight. "Wow. This one tastes real good. Thomas, Newt, you two take a big bite. Trust me, it's very good."

I bit my lip and watched the two boys take a big bite. "Minho!" Newt yelled out before spitting everything on the ground. He made some more gagging noises before wiping his mouth. Thomas ran to the kitchen to get water.

~

Frypan and I were cooking the dessert. I decided to make cupcakes, so I got some flour and butter and started mixing, which wasn't a very good idea. All the flour rose in the air and in my face, causing me to cough heavily.

Frypan stared at me. "Did you seriously not learn anything after all those months?"

Offended I grabbed a handful of flour and threw it in Frypan's face. "Hey!" He yelled, also attacking me with flour. Soon our whole bodies and faces were white, and so was the kitchen.

Minho got impatient and walked into the kitchen. "Hey, what's going o-." Minho got interrupted by Frypan throwing a hand of flour right in his face. "Hey!" He yelled. "What was that for?" He rubbed his eyes and stared at the dirty kitchen.

Just then the two other boys walked in. Frypan threw flour in Thomas' face and I did it to Newt. They didn't hesitate to fight back. They were all covered in flour after a few minutes.

"Minho!" I screamed when he threw a bag of flour on top of me. "You're gonna clean this!"

"I didn't start it!" He replied. Newt put some flour in Minho's hair, causing him to get hysterical. "Newt! You ruined my hair! You're gonna pay for that!" He rushed after the blonde boy, who already ran out of the kitchen.

The cooking contest was a lot of fun, except for the cleaning part.. and we never made a dessert.