My First Lover

A/N: Thank you for the request @Ivy_mazereaderrr !

This is not the best written, sorry!

~

Tears burned in my eyes as I ran, sweaty and shaking from the fright of what I would end up finding when Thomas ordered Gally, Minho, and I to leave and go get the serum for Newt, who was infected.

And then I abruptly stopped in my tracks.

Thomas stood there, looking down at a lifeless body that had a knife stabbed into the chest. Newt.

My heart broke into a million pieces and immediately I knew that would never heal again.

The tears automatically streamed down my face. Newt. One of the people that meant the world to me. Maybe the most important person in my life, because he was not just a lover, but a best friend. Both of it.

And now he was dead.

He had helped me through everything, comforted me when I needed it, let me cry into his shoulders, took care of me when I couldn't.. and, well, saved me.

Broken, vision blurred with tears, I broke down on my knees next to Newt, not even seeing Thomas walking away with a gun in his hands.

"Newt.." I cried out, cupping his beautiful face. "Newt, wake up."

He didn't respond. He didn't breathe. But he couldn't be dead! I refused to believe it.

"Newt, look at.." My voice broke in pure pain. "Look at me."

But he didn't. I sniffed and cried, sobbed, and even screamed in agony. I couldn't lose him. Not him.

"I love you," I whispered, crying into Newt's chest, not bothering how loud I was being. "Just wake up."

I wished to be back in the Glade again. The night I met Newt and had a long talk with him, where he explained everything. And he was the first one to know my name. He was always the first one. The first one I shared my kiss with, the first one I opened up to with my thoughts, the first one to hear what happened through the day. My first lover, dead.