Attack

A/N: A little bit appreciation for my friends in the picture above!! Y'all are amazing ❤️❤️ I couldn't fit book_add1cted in there, so I'll just tag you here ❤️

~

Newt's POV

Finally, after what seemed to take hours, Chuck ran back to me. His breaths were heavy and his face was completely red.

"Chuck! Took you bloody long to get fertilizer." I sighed and looked at the empty basket in his hands. "Did you seriously not bring the fertilizer?"

Chuck was still panting heavily. "No, I- saw." He gasped for air.

"Chuck form some normal sentences, for god's sake!" I frustratedly raised my voice at the poor kid.

"I was walking." Gasp for air. "Through the Deadheads." Another gasp for air. "And then I saw Y/n." Another gasp. Chuck put his hand on his chest in order to calm down.

"Alright. Get back to work, Chuck." I ordered, not understanding what would be so special about seeing Y/n in the Deadheads. Something I noticed about her was whenever she was upset she went into the Deadheads. I had admired her for a long time now, but didn't tell anyone about it. It was normal for her to go to the Deadheads.

"No, Newt. You don't... understand." Chuck panted heavily. "Y/n, she-."

Then I realized Y/n was supposed to be in the maze, she was a Runner. Unless she had a day off?

"Talk bloody normal Chuck!" I yelled.

The kid took a deep breath. "There's blood and-."

My face fell. Blood? What happened to Y/n?

"Blood?" I screamed out loud, drawing other Gladers their attention, but I didn't care.

"And she- I don't think she's awake, Newt," Chuck explained, finally seeming to calm down.

"What? You better be joking, Chuck." I replied. Chuck always played pranks on us, so there was a big chance this was one too.

"I'm not joking! I'm serious." Chuck argued. "Now come with me before-."

"Alright. Show me it, Chuck." I ran after the kid, who collected all his energy again. As fast as possible I followed Chuck into the Deadheads. If it was true what he said, then I was very worried.

"Almost there!" Chuck screamed.

"Bloody hell, Chuck! How far did you go into the woods to get some shuckin' fertilizer?" I yelled, though I never stopped running.

"I heard cries! All right?" Chuck defended, but then he came to a sudden stop. "Here." He whispered, motioning at a body on the floor.

Blood covered their whole shirt and some was in their hair, causing it to stick to their head. There was no way that was Y/n. I didn't even recognize her. Their or her chest moved up and down in quick, heavy motions. Panicked I stared at the body with wide eyes.

"Newt! Wake up!" Chuck screamed, shaking my shoulder heavily. "We gotta do something, idiot!"

Quickly I nodded and ran over to Y/n. I was so worried. How long would she last? What happened? "What do I do?" I panicked.

"Med-Jacks!" Chuck yelled. "Get her to the Med-Jacks!" He suggested. I nodded and easily lifted Y/n's body up. I didn't care if Chuck could keep up with me with the pace I was running in, but I kept going. I had to save Y/n whatever happened to her. With tears in my eyes, I ran into the Med-hut.

"Clint!" I screamed for help.

Immediately the two boys got up from their chairs and ran over to me. "What happened?" Clint gasped when he saw the lifeless Y/n in my arms.

"I don't know!" I cried out.

"Lie her down," Clint ordered, motioning at a bed. The second after I lay Y/n on top of it the white sheets turned red. Her breaths were still unsteady and I noticed she was whimpering and wincing.

Jeff cut Y/n's shirt, revealing a horrible wound in Y/n's stomach. Almost like a knife had stabbed her. More blood flowed out of the wound. My eyes widened. "What happened?"

"We don't know, Newt." Clint wiped some sweat off his forehead. "We just have to stop the bleeding." He grabbed a cloth and put pressure on the wound, causing Y/n to scream in pain, her eyes were still closed, though. My heart broke into pieces when I saw her being in pain, screaming, and crying. It broke me.

After Clint wrapped a thick bandage around the wound, he sighed. "Guess we'll have to wait."

~

A day or two later, Y/n woke up. I hadn't left her side for a minute. I was so worried about her and still wondered what happened. The girl groaned and slowly opened her eyes.

"Y/n?" I bent over to her. "You okay?"

She let out another groan and put her hand on her forehead. "I guess so."

"What happened?" I couldn't help myself to ask the question that had been burning on my lips for days. I was very curious how the hell she could've got that wound.

Slowly Y/n's eyebrows furrowed. "I got attacked by a Griever." She almost whispered. "So I ran back to the Glade but then everything turned black." She looked at me with her watery eyes and immediately I felt bad for her.

"It's alright. You're alright." I embraced her with a tight hug. Slowly she hugged back.

~

A/N: I might make a part 2 of this!