Midnight snack

"Minho!" I whisper-yelled when the Runner stepped on my toes. "Watch out, idiot!"

"Shh! Frypan's gonna hear your hysterical yelling!" Minho whisper-yelled back.

"I'm yelling quietly!" I argued.

We kept bickering for a while, on our way to the kitchen. It was me and my boyfriend's favorite time of the day. Midnight. The greatest moment to steal some leftover food out of the kitchen.

"Minho! I swear to god I will-."

I got interrupted by a light going on. Minho and I stopped right in our tracks. My eyes opened wide.

"It's Thomas," Minho whispered.

"Yeah, I can see that." I snapped as I looked at the boy. His brown hair was all messy, his mouth half open, and his clothes baggy.

"Alby? Is that you?" Thomas asked out loud. I flinched at his tone of speaking. If he would talk any louder he would wake up the whole shucking Glade. "You know what I'm doing?"

Confused Minho and I stared at Thomas, who had a lamp in his hand. "I'm saving the princess from the dragon," Thomas explained.

I almost burst out laughing but managed to mute myself. "He's sleepwalking." I realized.

"And talking," Minho added. "Come on." He grabbed my hand and pulled me past Thomas, who kept talking.

"I'm gonna sleep in the maze!" Thomas yelled out loud.

"Shit." Minho and I started running away from Thomas before Alby would catch us.

"Bloody hell, Thomas! What the shuck are you doing? You woke me up, slinthead!" Newt screamed from his hut. I let out a giggle when we arrived in the kitchen.

"Let's see what we got." Minho grinned and started searching through the stuff. "Aha!" He revealed a plate filled with cookies.

I smiled once I saw some leftover dessert. Minho and I gathered some food on a bigger plate before rushing to his hut again.

"I think this is the best we've ever had so far." Minho put the plate down on his bed and sat down himself too. I followed his example.

"THOMAS! Go to sleep!" I heard Alby's voice echo through the walls. Again, I giggled before eating a cookie.

"I like that." Minho blurted out. Surprised I looked up.

"Like what?"

"That laugh," Minho commented. I gave him a big smile. Though Minho was a sarcastic, sassy boy, he also had a kind and caring side. The one thing he always hid.

After a while, I was full and let myself fall on Minho's bed. "Can I stay?" I whispered.

Minho hesitated. "Fine. But if you snore I'll move you right away."

"Alright." I chuckled. Minho put the, by now empty, plate on the floor. Minho lay down, his back facing me.

Offended I stared at the boy for a few seconds, before wrapping my arms around him. "What are you doing?" Minho whispered.

"Don't act like you don't love this."

Minho spun around and started tickling me for no reason. "Minho!" I gasped for air. "Stop- tickling- me!" I managed to gasp.

Minho laughed out loud when he finally stopped. Relieved I gathered air in my lungs again. Minho wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him, in his arms. I buried my head in his chest and focused on his steady breathing. It was quite comforting.

"Thank you."