Chapter 12 - Seeing our New Home

Chapter 12 – Seeing our New Home

Vertigo Town
Arlington County, VA
Wednesday, April 29, 2076
17:21 EST GMT-5

Upon leaving Shelley's place, we went to check out our new residences. Oh, wow. They were town houses. But they looked very modern, sophisticated and of the era we were in now. Mayor Wheeler and Sheriff Ross both arrived to us in our area.

"Wow, it's amazing!" I told them. "Wonder how much they cost?"

"Truthfully, no more than two hundred thousand dollars, each." Wheeler said. "They're very affordable. And now that you three have jobs, you can select the house of your choice."

"I've already picked my house!" exclaimed Ranger. "Now it's down to you two love birds."

"Well, I've decided." Aurora said. "I'll be with my boyfriend, one house."

"I think that's fair." Ross declared. "After all, y'all won't need to worry about taking turns doing dishes, or even doing the laundry, or mowing the lawn. It's all done by the robots in there."

"Sorry baby, I know you love when I cook." I told my girlfriend. "I won't be able to cook for you."

"About that," said I.V.A.N.A, "you don't need to worry about it."

"What?" I asked.

"I can communicate with those robots; they'll cook the meals based on the recipes and techniques you perform." I.V.A.N.A cleared the air. "There won't be much housework for you guys to do. I'll handle it."

"On that note, I.V.A.N.A, I just remembered." I then realized something. "Where the hell have you been for the last seven chapters?"

"Me?" said I.V.A.N.A with some shock and guilt. "For the whole day, I was in standby, downloading all massive updates from the cloud, which you couldn't do for the last forty-two years. And believe me, now I'm very handy and useful."

"If so, I hope you can control those evil machines, robots and AI, which have been harassing people." Aurora said with a sarcastic remark.

"I don't have it in my programming to antagonize anyone, be it human or artificial intelligence." I.V.A.N.A said. "And I also do not have any reaction to your tone."

"Relax, boo!" exclaimed Aurora laughing. "Just playing with you."

"No issues, are you ready to go inside?" asked I.V.A.N.A.

"More than ever!" exclaimed me.

"Ditto!" said Ranger.

"After you, Ace." Aurora demanded.

"Nope! Ladies first." I said to her.