Chapter 61 - Talking to Wheeler

Chapter 61 – Talking to Wheeler

Wheeler's office, Vertigo Town
Arlington County, VA
Tuesday, May 12, 2076
9:36 EST GMT-5

Ace: We did rest up a few days, then decided to report to Wheeler. What we saw on Mars was not pleasant. It was time to act. Without thinking, I just barged into his office.

"Wheeler, we need to talk, and I mean now." I demanded to talk to Wheeler right on the spot. "I know what's going on. Who's behind all this."

"And you decided to inform me without an appointment?" Wheeler asked.

"Sir, in the matter of a national security, in this case international security, or even better, interplanetary, absolutely!" I explained. "The culprit is an ex-Navy veteran. He's joined forces with ex-KGB and ex-Nazi soldiers."

"He left Ace to die in a private military warehouse, on Mars." Aurora said. "He's plotting to attack America, and all other nations on Earth."

"I've a feeling you may know this guy, Wheeler. And if you do, I think you're about to tell me who. This guy seemed as old as you. Apparently, his parents were killed, during Mithra's landing impact on Earth."

"Someone's parents died during an asteroid falling on Earth, and we're responsible for it?" asked Wheeler. "That story seems old. I'm not sure who it could've been. I've not heard of such a story in my life."

"The point is, he's out for revenge, he's manipulating our government, and we're being targeted. If America is becoming another World War II detention camp by the Nazis, it's because he's making it so. He's taking help from foreign threats." I had to speak it all out. "I can't spell it out anymore. If somehow you do remember, you may want to tell us ASAP."

"I simply cannot recall." Wheeler declared. "You'd have to check the records office in the City Hall. It's not too far from Vertigo Town. It's more near the old United States Armed Forces HQ."

"So many people died around that time, how would I know who it was?" I had to ask.

"If his ACU was a US Navy ACU, it's safe to assume his father also was in the Navy, and he is listed among those who perished during that asteroid's landing." Wheeler suggested.

"Then we must go, to the City Hall." I said. "I'll find out more, and keep you in the loop!"

"Best of luck, guardian!" said Wheeler. "Do you have anything to say, Ranger?"

"Not at all!" said Ranger. "Let's move!"