Chapter 50 - The Story Behind Jordan City

Chapter 50 – The Story Behind Jordan City

Mutant Invasion, Vertigo Town
Arlington County, VA
Wednesday, May 13, 2054
14:27 EST GMT-5

The three of us continued to fight off the mutants, but it was no use. Nothing we did would stop them; our weapons weren't even making a scratch on their bodies. We needed the mega weapons from the backup planning to arrive. I didn't become a cop, just for the hell of it, I had to do my job, protecting the city. Langley arrived to assist us, no sooner he did, that finally backup came from the sky. Airborne drones, bringing huge machine guns.

"Cavalry's here!" I shouted. "Let's retreat!"

"Let's go!" shouted Ross.

"Wait, something's not right." I noticed.

Some of the drones were steering towards us, and some of the robots too! This can't be right! I thought. The nearest I figured, the mutants have taken over control of the drones and the robots. We made a break for it, shooting at the robots and the drones. They kept gaining on us, but we kept firing. Suddenly, Langley gasped in pain, as a bullet from the robots hit him.

"JORDAN!" I shouted.

Then came the military of the United States Army. They finally came to stop the threats. Me and Ross then ran to Jordan, who was bleeding in the shoulder near his chest. He wasn't doing good.

"Jordan, I got you man!" I spoke.

"Jack!" said Jordan in pain to me. "Sir, it was an honor serving with you."

"Take it easy, don't quit on me!" I assured him. "We need you, man!"

"Jack, just protect the people, protect my family." Jordan said weakly. "I don't have much time; I won't make it!"

"Jordan! No!" I said in tears. "Stay with me, man!"

But it was no use, Jordan then laid back, final breath exhaled. His eyes, still wide open, but his pupils now dilating. I couldn't believe it.

"Jordan!" I moaned.

"He's gone, Jack!" said Ross. "We lost him!"

I was very devastated, having lost a fellow police officer. He just laid there. The army fended off the threats. I didn't know what to say.

Wheeler's Office, Vertigo Town
Arlington County, VA
Thursday, May 7, 2076
10:15 EST GMT-5

Ace: Wheeler told us everything that happened that day. He then told us the Defense Department later signed an agreement, to arrange for a private corporate military force, to ensure the nation's security. Me, Aurora and Ranger were in shock.

"Shortly, Jordan City was established, named after our fallen officer. Thus, then came the birth of the private military organization, the Gunsmith Battalion. It had former soldiers from all six branches of the American Armed Forces!" said Wheeler and then shed a tear. "But the leader, George Kilmann, made a pact with the mutants and the robots, which he reprogrammed to serve him. Thus, becoming a criminal, and running a corrupt military organization, where he deals with mutants and sentient robots. Mind you, not all machines are evil, many are on our side, such as I.V.A.N.A and some older AI from fifty years ago, created by Zane Galnac and Kevin Cross, Z.E.R.O back in 2033 in Teraville, CA and C.O.R.A. in Miami, FL in 2028, respectively."

"So now what? We need to stop this once and for all. They've rigged the system too long!" I expressed my concerns.

"It just so happens, that I have another job for you!" said Wheeler. "But it's on Mars. In the Kanzen City dome, located within the Korolev Crater, one of the largest craters on Mars."