Chapter 28 - The Goon Spills His Guts

Chapter 28 – The Goon Spills His Guts

Combat Arena, Vertigo Town
Arlington County, VA
Friday, May 1, 2076
14:17 EST GMT-5

About ten minutes into the fight, I started to feel weary and fatigued. I tried to keep my stamina boosted and ignored my low energy, which I felt tired of. I then took out a small bottle in my pocket. I took advantage of the mutant thug being fatigued himself and then drank from the bottle. It was an energy shot. Like those 5-Hour Energy shots people would drink.

"Looks like the contestants are fatigued!" announced the announcer. "Ace is coming with an energy drink!"

"BOO!" said the audience!

"Now, now!" said the announcer. "There are no rules in the competition. And you're allowed to use things to your advantage!"

I suddenly felt levelled up, with the energy drink, my heart began to pace faster, and now I felt even more alert. The mutant boss then got back up, ready to slice everyone into pieces, or me at least! I then put in another round in my MP40 and then fired away. The bullets showered onto the mutant, hitting his armor and the exposed arms. I could see the bullets were pumping holes in the mutant's arms, but despite the blood dripping, the mutant stood strong. Until eventually it started to feel weaker. The mutant stopped in its tracks and pulled off his helmet.

"Enough!" exclaimed the mutant. "You win! Just fire at my head and finish me off!"

I then walked up to him, with my gun drawn on him. I then put the weapon away. I then looked at the mutant's glowing red eyes.

"I don't want to kill you!" I told the mutant. "All I'm asking is that you tell me who the leader of the Gunsmith Battalion is."

"I won't be able to tell his real name, he'll kill me if he finds out." The mutant asserted in fear. "However, I call him George Kilmann. That's his alias."

"Thank you for that!" I told him.

"The winner is Ace. Triple winner! He not only has won the contest, but he's proven himself a hero! He's our hero!" said the announcer.

The audience then applauded. Everyone screamed in celebration and clapped loud. The walls of the stadium amplified the claps and made it seem even louder. I felt very good about it. Now there was just one thing left to do. I was going to find out who was George Kilmann, and when I do, I was going to reason with him, to let the people of Vertigo Town and Jordan City live in peace, otherwise I'd have to deal with him very harshly. My resolve was hardened.