Chapter 62 - Exploring the Records Office

Chapter 62 – Exploring the Records Office

City Hall
Arlington County, VA
Tuesday, May 12, 2076
9:59 EST GMT-5

Ace: After getting done with Wheeler, we didn't waste any time. We rushed straight to the City Hall, to enter the records office, ignoring or killing any marauder, mutant, robot, or bandit we potentially came across. Upon arriving the four of us (including I.V.A.N.A) entered the facility.

"This is it, everyone. Search all the records, find anything dating back to the Mithra landing in 2034." I told my team. "Make sure we focus on the US Navy officers and other enlisted personnel of the time."

"Whatever we find here, should help." Ranger expressed. "Although, I'm not sure how many records survived back then."

"It's primarily all computerized and digital." Aurora added. "I.V.A.N.A may be able to recover it, if damaged."

"Already ahead of you on that! I'm already scanning the archives; the rest is up to you three!" exclaimed I.V.A.N.A.

We explored several documents, folders, files, and forms. Not until two hours later, did we finally strike gold. I found a file about the naval officers that tried to defend our country, during the time of the meteor landing.

"There it is guys!" I said to the team. "This is when Nelson, Kilmann and this other person, Leroy Gallagher served in the United States Navy, before Kilmann started the Gunsmith Battalion. I feel this third guy, Gallagher was the masked goon, who had me prisoner up on Mars. Explains why he was still wearing the ACU. Turns out he was dishonorably discharged due to misconduct and insubordination, like Kilmann was."

"So now, this guy Gallagher, is Kilmann's second in command?" asked Aurora.

"Yeah, except he's been stationed on Mars. And this is not the same Gallagher, mind you. This is his son. Although I can't get a first name." I explained further. "He's trying to get revenge against everyone for the death of his parents. That's why he's made a pact with the mutants, marauders, and robots."

"It's a shame to think that someone like that could even hold a grudge for this long." Ranger said. "What's next? Is he going to imprison people on Mars, the only safe haven humanity has left? Or perhaps the outer planets of our solar system?"

"Who knows? I think it's best to act immediately, and not wait around to find out." I spoke in return. "Let's head back to Vertigo Town, we can't do this alone. We must speak with Wheeler and all other citizens we know. It's about time we fight fire with fire, but even the three of us aren't enough!"

We then joined fists and pumped back.