Chapter 52 - Arriving at Kanzen City

Chapter 52 – Arriving at Kanzen City

Kanzen City
Korolev Crater, Mars
Thursday, May 7, 2076
14:46 EST GMT-5

As mentioned earlier, we had already arrived at the Red Planet, which was fast. We didn't really get to see more than two movies on that OLED screen they had, for entertainment purposes. By the time we got there, we saw the city looked beautiful. It was nothing like the nightmare we saw on Earth. It was a beautiful domed city. People everywhere, drones in the sky, robots helping other people, or keeping the city tidy. Damn, it felt like a safe haven.

"Here we are!" said Aurora.

"Okay, so why are we here?" said Ranger.

"Apparently, Wheeler reported some of the Gunsmith Battalion mercs, have been stationed up here, keeping some people intimidated." I explained. "Our job was to clear them out and collect a package from them."

"And you think they'll just give it to us?" said Aurora.

"Maybe I used the wrong choice of words, so let me reiterate." I went on. "We're not asking them to give us the package. We're stealing it from them! After taking them out, of course!"

"Great!" said Ranger. "As if we already didn't have problems of our own."

"But first things, first!" I declared. "Let's grab some lunch, and I really need a drink!"

"Okay, any good restaurants around here?" Ranger asked.

"There's a pub not far from the spaceport we just landed on, it is a bar and grill. Let's go there, and grab something. Perhaps we may even get more information from the locals there."

"Let's go!" said Aurora. "I'm also hoping to grab some food. Perhaps some water to go with it."

"You sure you don't want to drink anything else?" I asked.

"No, ever since that night we spent, I'm not sure what happened after that!" said Aurora.

"I see your point!" I said with an awkward look. "Let's keep moving. There's a lot on our plate, and even more when we go to eat."

We pressed on. Unaware of what we may come across next, we opened our holo-maps to guide us across the city. No telling where this was taking us.