Chapter 56 - Frantic Moment

Chapter 56 – Frantic Moment

Suburbs, Kanzen City
Korolev Crater, Mars
Thursday, May 7, 2076
17:41 EST GMT-5

Aurora: What the hell? Oh, shit! They got Austin! They got Ace! What to do? Think, Julia think! I then looked at Ranger. He was just as shocked as I was.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. "They've got Ace!"

"Fear not, I'll see what I can do. We need to somehow get him back, without having to signal for backup!" exclaimed Ranger.

"Not to interrupt, but you two may want to leave that place, right now! More danger is lurking around." I.V.A.N.A warned us.

"Let's get moving!" said Ranger. "Stay behind me and stay on your toes!"

"Roger that!" I obliged.

We then moved from there, it was while we were moving from there, I was looking back. For one, I was hoping Ace was okay. I was feeling timid. We then found a hover taxi and signaled it. We needed to get away far from the area.

Ranger: Sometime later, we were on route to Kanzen City Police Station. We couldn't think of any better place to go to at this time. I looked at Aurora, her eyes red and wet. I couldn't blame her.

"We'll get him back, don't worry." I assured her.

"I take it all back, what I said about losing forty-two years in hibernation." Aurora said despondently.

"Wheeler here!" said Wheeler over the comms. "You three, okay?"

"We're good!" I said over the comms. "We've lost Ace. He's being held captive."

"You best be safe!" said Wheeler. "Find him and bring him back, alive! If I were your commanding officer, I'd have you three court-martialed."

"I understand sir, I know you didn't authorize us to come up here!" I said in shame. "At this point however, we must get Ace back, and find out who's calling the shots around here."

"Just be home safe! I'll make sure you're not penalized for your act of insubordination."

"Much obliged!" I then looked at Aurora. "We must act quickly."

"You've read my mind!" exclaimed Aurora.