Chapter 58 - Captivity

Chapter 58 – Captivity

Somewhere in Kanzen City
Korolev Crater, Mars
Thursday, May 7, 2076
19:28 EST GMT-5

Ace: I woke up and saw nothing but black. I tried moving my arms, but they were suspended. I couldn't see a damn thing. My legs, they were seemingly tied. Then I felt it. The damn black bag removed from my head. I took a few deep breaths. I checked my surroundings. It was a room, with a few lights on, but quite dark. It looked like an old bunker. Then I saw the bastard in front of me. Dude was wearing a mask. One that somewhat resembled the mask Jason Voorhees would wear on his face in the Friday the 13thhorror movie franchise. Dude stood there, looked like he was five-ten.

"The hell, who are you?" I had to ask.

"Oh, don't you fret!" said the masked dude, obviously using a voice modulator. "I see you decided to go against your own country, down on Earth. You don't like the government or its policies?"

"What policies?" I roared. "That government has become even more totalitarian. As if it's a modern-day Nazi-Germany."

"Funny enough you say that they did start out some thirty years ago, from the remaining ex-Nazis, which still existed in Berlin." The Masked Bastard went on to explain. "Along with some ex-Russian FSB traitors."

"You don't say..." I smirked with sarcasm.

"Upon Mithra's landing in the Atlantic Ocean back in 2034, we knew that we had a chance to attack America, for the National Debt they were in, as they owed us trillions of dollars, which they refused to pay. A few months after the asteroid's effects cleared out, and caused a massive climate change, across the planet, we seized the opportunity to conquer that fractured United States of America!" exclaimed the Masked Bastard. "They even hired mercenaries to capture those who oppose, which is where I come in. I am a commando on their payroll. No one took responsibility when my family was killed."

I then looked closely at the Masked Bastard's attire. He was wearing full body armor. I could tell he was wearing an ACU under that, and I saw the dog tags. An ex-US Navy veteran.

"You traitor!" I said with anger and rage. "You're a disgrace to your country, and your people!"

"Boo-hoo!" roared the Masked Bastard. "And there you think you're doing any better for yours? You hid out when the meteor landed on Earth, while most others in the USA died! My father died protecting his country! Looks like you'll see yourself dying a traitor!"

I immediately knew this asshole wanted to tarnish my honor, and kill my love and my commanding officer, labeling us as enemies of our country. I had to get out of this. I just prayed Aurora and Ranger were okay.