Chapter 65 - Mutants in the City

Chapter 65 – Mutants in the City

Vertigo Town, Arlington County, VA
Tuesday, May 12, 2076
13:02 EST GMT-5

Ace: We finally made it back to the city, with Kilmann in our custody. However, the moment we arrived, something didn't seem right. We were flabbergasted. The city was overrun by mutants. Next thing you know, Wheeler made an announcement over the city public announcement speaker.

"Attention citizens of Vertigo Town! This is not a drill; I repeat this is not a drill!" said Wheeler over the comms. "Everyone please return to your homes, immediately! We are all in grave danger!"

Then suddenly our radios began to vibrate.

"The shield walls are down, I repeat, the shield walls are down!" shouted Javier over the radio. "Mutants in the city! Jerry did this! Help! ARRGHHH!"

"Javier!" I yelled back. "Javier, you, are you okay?"

The mutants relentlessly continued to attack the city. The law enforcement and military did their best to fend them off. Then my radio buzzed again.

"Wheeler here!" shouted Wheeler over the radio. "Ace! Report to my office, ASAP!"

"Roger that, Wheeler!" I said. "Ranger, Aurora, let's go!"

"Ace!" screamed Aurora.

"Julia?" I said as I spun around. "Julia!"

One of the mutants grabbed Julia and took her away.

"Leave her!" I shouted as I tried to run after that mutant.

Suddenly, I felt an arm grab me. It was Ranger. I looked at him.

"We can't save her now!" said Ranger.

"AUSTIN! HELP!" shouted Aurora, as she was being taken away.

"JULIA!" I shouted again.

"We must report to Wheeler, now!" said Ranger. "Come on!"

I didn't want to leave without Aurora. It didn't seem however I had a choice. I then nodded in obligation.

"Let's go!" I said. "I hope she'll be okay."

"She'll be fine, Ace!" assured Ranger.

We then headed for Wheeler's office, fought through the mutant army.