Chapter 37 - The City Under Threats

Chapter 37 – The City Under Threats

Ace's home, Vertigo Town
Arlington County, VA
Monday, May 4, 2076
18:26 EST GMT-5

In light of the emergency meeting tonight, me and Aurora already ate dinner. Ranger also came by, to attend the meeting online. We set up the dining table, with the computer and got Microsoft Teams ready, some got on Zoom. It wasn't just us, it was Wheeler, Ross, Ashley, Graciela, Nolan, Nelson, Lauren, Shelley and virtually everyone in Vertigo Town, and Jordan City.

"Thank you, for coming to this sudden 'town hall meeting', or whatever you want to call it!" said Wheeler. "As you know, thanks to Ace's decision to assault Kilmann in the coal mine, it turns out, both cities are being put under martial law, by the authorities, and they're scouring for him."

"For what it's worth, sir." I spoke up in defense. "I went there to gather more information, and getting knowledge on the meeting that went on between Kilmann and the mutant leader."

"I have to agree with Ace on that!" said Nelson. "He did manage to find out about the trade going on between the Gunsmith Battalion and the mutants."

"If it makes you feel better, Wheeler, say the word, I'll turn myself over to the authorities." I spoke in consideration of everyone else. "For one, I left my world behind the day Mithra landed on Earth, and we were in limbo for four decades!"

"Ace, no need to feel bad. And don't mind how I am putting this." Wheeler said. "You didn't mean to attack him it was all in self-defense, but yes, for the record, next time, just wait for orders."

"What do we plan to do now?" asked Ross. "Do we wait until the heat is down and lay low?"

"At this time, it's only advisable to do so!" said Wheeler. "Until further notice, no one leaves their residences. Same goes for you, Ace! Do not let the authorities know where you reside. Until the heat's off, everyone just work remotely, stick to staying indoors, keep watch over your kids, and stay sharp."

"I understand, sir!" I said in compliance. "It's fair to say however, I'll be available when emergencies, and dangers come around."

"That's all I have for now!" said Wheeler. "Goodnight, everyone!"

After that, everyone logged off. Deep inside, I felt guilty. Everyone is suffering, because of my actions earlier, and while Wheeler, given his charming sense of humor, might've just said that to play around, it was however my fault the authorities were tightening up.

"Austin, please don't stress out!" said Aurora.

"You'll be fine!" said Ranger.

"To be fair, it was my fault I sneezed around then." Aurora said in my defense.

"Welp, now we must just keep our heads down and lay low." I said with reluctance. "Ranger, if you want, you can stay the night, we have a spare room."

"That's alright." Ranger said in response. "If it's all the same to you, I'd rather be in my villa."

We bid him a goodnight, and then I decided to spend time with Aurora. She sensed I was disturbed. She then took me upstairs, and then to my surprise, she started kissing me with passion. Then she began to undress herself, and me to my shock yet pleasure. We ended up just getting carried away that night.