Chapter 64 - Facing the Enemy

Chapter 64 – Facing the Enemy

Desert Wasteland, Arlington County, VA
Tuesday, May 12, 2076
12:09 EST GMT-5

Ace: Rounding up everyone, we headed for the Gunsmith Battalion Fortress. We were going to confront Kilmann, and finally put an end to this totalitarian regime. Wheeler and Ross had the police, FBI, and Armed Forces along with other private military organizations informed to rally them up to face Kilmann and take him out. As well as finding out who the leader of the mutants and the robots was. It took some time, but we finally made it to the fortress.

"Battle stations!" I called out. "We're headed into action! Grab your positions, we are taking down Kilmann's forces and bringing him in."

"Roger that, Ace!" called Aurora. "Weapons and artillery ready, comms ready, everyone is in-sync!"

"After this, drinks are on me!" said Ranger. "And so are enchiladas!"

"Alright, let's move out, everyone!" I ordered. "Ranger; you, Wheeler and Ross take Team A, attack from the west side. Aurora, you take Team B attack from the east, make sure all the security systems are offline. As for me, I'll take everyone else, and charge from the front, once the security is offline."

"10-4!" said Ranger.

"Hoo-ah!" said Aurora.

"Let's go!" said Wheeler.

"Right behind me!" said Ross.

Everyone left to resume their positions. I stayed with everyone else, as we got our weapons ready. I then also got my guns ready, as well as having I.V.A.N.A sync all our units. This was it; this was the true fight for our freedom, and we would regain it once and for all.

"Ace!" called Aurora over the comms. "Security is offline! Feel free to press on!"

"Let's go!" I said.

Everyone then got their gear ready. The explosives planted at the front door were set to go off in two minutes. Soon they exploded, with a huge bang. The front door stood tall, but then began to form several cracks. Finally, it came crashing down.

"CHARGE!" I shouted.

"Everyone, attack!" shouted Ranger.

The fight ensued in the fortress. Everyone took on the guards, incapacitating them, knocking them out, and tying them up. The armed guards also conceded, as we shot the other guard around the fortress, killing them. Then finally, out came Kilmann.

"What is going on here?" he said in shock.

"It's over!" said Ross, as everyone held guns on Kilmann. "George Kilmann, you are under arrest for your atrocities."

"This is treason!" said Kilmann.

"You're the traitor!" shouted Wheeler. "Take him away!"