Chapter 24 - Quality Time with Aurora

Chapter 24 – Quality Time with Aurora

Ace's home, Vertigo Town
Arlington County, VA
Thursday, April 30, 2076
21:22 EST GMT-5

I spent a good four hours, after having started development on the firewall application. I spent a good deal of the time coding, and had it not been for the World Wide Web, I'd have not done a good job. Of course, I.V.A.N.A also is involved. So, with 'her' helping me, it makes my job easier. I arrived home, saw Aurora on the couch, watching TV. She turned to look at me.

"Hey baby!" said Aurora, as she smiled. "Where have you been, Austin?"

"I've picked up another job for now, where Shelley hides the resistance fighters." I told her. "Only until the heat dies down."

"That's amazing. I also got my first salary in, working for Jerry. I mean it'll help pay bills, and also spruce this place up." Aurora said.

"I agree!" I said to my lovely gal. "You know, I'd give you the whole world. But seems like, the world just came to us."

"Honey, there have been amazing people in history who never did what you have." Aurora said. "You never left me."

"And I wouldn't." I declared, then I felt exhausted.

"You hungry?" Aurora asked.

"Yeah." I confessed.

She had dinner prepared, and I felt bad. I couldn't eat with her. Welp, I'll tell Ashley that I'll work eight-thirty in the morning to three-thirty in the afternoon. I didn't even have to tell her; I could work whatever shift I wanted. But I'd prefer to eat with my fiancé from now on. Wait, why am I calling her my fiancé, we couldn't get engaged forty-two years ago, and we will soon. That doesn't mean I call her that now. I then went to go eat.

"Thanks!" I expressed my gratitude.

"No problem!" exclaimed my love.

I then went on to eat, then after I was done, I gave my plate to the robot to clean it up. I then went to go watch TV with my love. We both sat through a movie together, and once the movie was finished, I wanted to see the news, so I opened an app on the TV, to play the local news, broadcasting live.

"What the hell?" I saw the news.

Of course, it was broadcasting how the authorities, were searching for a criminal, killing mutants and marauders, and sabotaging other robots in the dessert. I was very mad. Aurora held my hand. She had tears in her eyes. They still couldn't find the culprit.

"Ungrateful bastards!" I roared in anger. "We saved those low lives, too!"

"Welp, let's just hope for the best, plan for the worst!" said Aurora.