𝘧 𝘰 𝘶 𝘳

1945

1945

"You are failing!" Schmidt shouted as he stood at the ruins of yet another Hydra base. "We are close to an offensive that will shake the planet, yet we are continually delayed because you cannot outwit a simpleton with a shield!"

"This is hardly my area of expertise. I merely developed the weapons. I cannot fire them" Zola said.

"Finish your mission, Doctor, before the American finishes his" Schmidt sneered.

"Sir!"

They turned to see Daphne walking up to them, holding a man by his arm as she dragged him with her.

"I'm sorry, Herr Schmidt. We fought to the last man" he said.

"Evidently not. Kill him" Schmidt said.

Daphne nodded as she let go of the man, snapping his neck before he could even blink.

"You," Schmidt said, looking back at Daphne. "Go with Dr.Zola. Ensure that this does not fail. Kill whoever you have to. Kill everyone."

Daphne nodded, secure in her mission. "Yes, sir."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Steve looked over the snowy summit of the Alps, wondering where his sister was right now. If she was okay or if she even remembered him.

He, Bucky, and the rest of their team spent the last two years working on destroying every Hyrda base, refusing to quit until they found her and brought her home.

"Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah, and I threw up?" Steve said, having not-so-fond memories of that day.

"This isn't payback, is it?" Bucky asked, looking at the shoddy wire of the train car that they were about to zipline down.

"Now why would I do that?" Steve joked.

"We were right. Dr.Zolas on the train" Jones said, fiddling with the equipment he and Morita had. "Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going they must need him bad."

Steve nodded, strapping on his helmet.

"Let's get going because they're moving like the devil," Falsworth said.

"We only got about a 10-second window. You miss that window we're bugs on a windshield" Steve called out, attaching his zip line before descending down the line with Bucky and Jones following after him.

From the front of the train, Zola watched the monitors as Steve and Bucky snuck into the last car. Daphne stood to the side, unmoving as she waited for an order.

Zola sent in Hydra soldiers not wanting to send her away so that she could protect him. "Stop him! Fire again!" he shouted into the speaker.

But seeing Steve take down the Hydra soldier despite their ramped-up weaponry, he grew desperate. "Go!" he shouted, turning to her. "Stop him!"