𝘦 𝘪 𝘨 𝘩 𝘵 𝘦 𝘦 𝘯

Walking out to a bridge that overlooked a lake Daphne was sure was just sewer water, she leaned over, trying to catch her breath as she felt she was having a HYDRA-induced panic attack

"Daphne. I've known you since we were eight years old and you used to force Steve to let you come with us to ride our bikes because you didn't like to be left out. And I use to complain that I didn't want you to come and I'd tease you and pull on your hair 'cause eight year old me just didn't wanna admit I had a crush on my best friends sister. The prettiest girl I'd ever seen. Still the prettiest girl I've ever seen. The only person I want to be with for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?"

Daphne nodded rapidly, tears pooling in her eyes. "Yeah. Yeah of course I wanna marry you," she laughed her hands shaking as he slipped the ring over her finger and stood up, pulling her into his arms.

"Yeah?" he asked, smiling as she pulled him into a kiss.

"Yeah, Bucky, we're gonna get married," she said, holding onto him as if her life depended on it.

"I swear, I'm gonna make you so happy. And I'm never gonna stop worrying about you but I'll always protect you. I promise" he said, pressing a kiss to her lips.

"And I'm always gonna be there for you. No matter what happens, I'm always gonna be on your side" she said.

That day replayed in her head, probably a few times a day, every day since she woke up two years ago. It plagued her thoughts and haunted her dreams.

"He's gonna be there, you know," Sam said, as he walked over to her.

"I know," she said, not looking forward to another fight with him and not because he was really good and nearly took her head off.

Especially now, knowing it was him, she knew she couldn't hurt him.

"Look, whoever he used to be and the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop" Sam said.

Daphne turned to him, furrowing her brows. "You telling me I'm supposed to try and kill him?" she asked.

"I'm saying he might not give you much of a choice. He doesn't know you" Sam said, not trying to be mean, just realistic and Daphne knew that. But it didn't make it hurt any less.

"Yeah, but he saved me. Or, he tried to at least. I was trying to kill him and my brother but he still tried. Besides, I made him a vow. You know, till death do us part and all that. And seeing how neither of us are actually dead...I can't give up on him. I owe it to him, to the man he used to be, to the woman I used to be, to try."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The plan was simple. Well in theory. Natasha went with Fury to personally stop Pierce.

Daphne, Sam, and Steve went will Hill to break into the Triskelion. They needed to get into the central command where Hill could properly program the targeting blades once they got them inserted.