𝘦 𝘭 𝘦 𝘷 𝘦 𝘯

SIX MONTHS AFTER THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK

"Alright now make sure the intake manifold is secure," Tony said.

Using the wrench, Daphne secured the piece making sure it wouldn't come off.

"And look at that, baby's first V-8 engine," Tony said.

"How exactly is this helping?" Daphne asked.

"Emotional stimulus. We connect you to things that you enjoyed before Hydra" he said. "Which is why we've been listening to swing music for the past two hours. You like mechanics and engineering, so do I. This way I don't get bored."

"Glad I could entertain you," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, well speaking of. I am going to have to pass the torch" he said.

"Steve's on a mission," she said. Fury had him working with Natasha, getting him back out there doing what he did best.

He worried about her constantly when he was gone, calling every free moment he had to make sure he was okay.

"Yeah, there's someone else. Fury got me in touch with him" Tony said.

"Like a doctor?" she asked.

"Sir" Jarvis' voice interrupted. "You have a Sam Wilson here to see you."

"Alright. Come on" Tony said, leading her through the halls of the new Avengers tower.

It was where she lived whenever Steve was away, not wanting to stay in the apartment alone.

"Tony," she said, not keen on the idea of meeting someone knew.

"Relax. They're here to help" he said as they walked into the conference room where a man was waiting for them.

"Hey," he said standing up, holding out his hand. "You must be Daphne. I'm Sam."

"She doesn't do physical touch. We're still working on that. It's on the list after trust issues" Tony said.

"Are you a doctor?" Daphne asked.

"No. I was with 58th pararescue. Now I work down at the VA's office" Sam said. "I offer counseling to veterans suffering from PTSD."

Daphne turned, glaring at Tony.

"Yeah, remember what I said about emotional stimulus," he said.

"I remember that you were supposed to be helping me," she said.

"And I still am. But the heart to heart part's not really my style" Tony said.

"Does it look like mine?" she asked.

"Sam, she's all yours," Tony said, leaving the room before she could stop him.

Daphne sighed as she turned back to Sam. "I don't mean to be rude."