𝘵 𝘸 𝘦 𝘯 𝘵 𝘺 - 𝘯 𝘪 𝘯 𝘦

Wakanda was definitely so much more than the entire world thought it was

Wakanda was definitely so much more than the entire world thought it was. Daphne was nothing if not impressed.

The entire country sat on the only deposit of vibranium on earth.

The technological advancements they were able to make because of it were amazing.

There was no doubt that if there was any place that'd be able to help Bucky it would be Wakanda. But the method they suggested was not something Daphne was okay with.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Daphne said, looking at the cryo chamber. It was similar to the one Howard built for her but much nicer. All of Wakanda's equipment was.

"I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing. For everybody" Bucky said.

"I wouldn't let you hurt anybody," Daphne told him.

"I don't want to hurt you. Not again. I remember everything, Daph" he said, holding onto her hand.

"I know I just...it feels like I just got you back only to lose you again" she sighed, looking down at their conjoined hands.

"Hey, you're not losing me. With all the stuff they got here, I know you can figure it out. You've always been the smartest person I know" he said. "The Performance and Design of Direct Current Machines, remember?"

"God, I can't believe you remember that" she laughed, thinking of the book he caught her reading when they were teenagers.

"I remember everything," he said as she looked up at him. "I remember everything."

Pressing a hand to his cheek, Daphne let a tear run down her face. "I'm gonna fix this. I swear on my life I am going to get you through this" she said.

"I know you will," he said, pressing a kiss to her forehead as she wrapped her arms around him.

"God, I missed you so much" she sighed.

"I missed you too," he said, wiping the tear from her cheek.

"Are you ready?" one of the doctors asked, walking over to him.

Bucky nodded still looking at Daphne. She slowly stepped out of his way, letting him walk over to the cryo machine.

He stepped inside, taking one last look at his surroundings, deep down not knowing when he'd wake up again.

"Bucky!" Daphne called before they could close the door and ran over to him.

Not wanting to wait until he woke up she leaned up, pressing her lips to his for the first time in over 70 years.

"I couldn't wait" she mumbled.

"I'm really glad you're so impatient" he laughed.

"I'll be here when you wake up. I love you so much. More than anything" she said, squeezing his hand.