𝘧 𝘰 𝘳 𝘵 𝘺 - 𝘰 𝘯 𝘦

After getting changed, Daphne sat on the sofa in Sharon's living room waiting for everyone else to finish

"How do you feel?" Bucky asked, as he walked in and sat next to her.

"It's fine, put a bandaid on it," she mumbled and Bucky looked at her like she grew another head.

"You put a bandaid on a stab wound?! Daph, you definitely need actual stitches" he said.

"Bucky, it's fine. I've had worse" she said.

"Humor me then," he said. "Just let me look at it, please."

Daphne didn't say anything but nodded, accepting his hand as he pulled her up before leading her to the bathroom.

As he closed the door, Daphne peeled her shirt off, wincing as she did. Bucky looked over and cursed at the blood already seeping through the bandage she had over it.

"I have to take this off," he said and Daphne nodded as he carefully pulled it off as the deep wound came into view. "Shit. You definitely need stitches."

Daphne shook her head but Bucky ignored her as he began looking through the bathroom cabinets before he found a kit he could use.

"No, it's fine," Daphne said, trying to grab her shirt but Bucky stopped her.

"It's not fine. You're gonna bleed out" he said.

"I said no! I don't...I can't...I can't deal with needles" she said.

Bucky looked at her and sighed like he understood. "I know. If there was something else to do you know I would. Just focus on me, okay? You'll be alright. I'll go as fast as I can."

"Steve used to do this for me. I always feel like a baby" she said.

"You're not a baby. Nobody likes getting stitches" he said.

"Yeah but usually those people aren't in our line of work" she said.

"Other people aren't as tough as you are" he said, ripping open an alcohol wipe. "It's gonna sting a little."

Daphne winced as he began cleaning off the wound.

"Sorry" he mumbled, never taking this much trouble to disinfect his own wounds but he told himself that this was a million times more important.

"It's okay" she said, looking up at the ceiling. "Can you just talk? About anything, please?"

Bucky nodded, trying to wrack his brain for anything to talk to her about but only one thing came to mind.

"Did you mean what you said to Raynor?" he asked.

"Anything but that" she said.

"Sorry. I just...I was never trying to push you away" he said.